Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1932 Studebaker President takes Best in Show at 2016 Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 Studebaker President takes Best in Show at 2016 Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance

What a gorgeous car.

Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Its been cleaning up on all the awards lately, and deservedly so. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=VASSOS

Craig

Comment

You just beat me to it Ed. Congratulations to George Vassos for his great win.

Stu Chapman

Comment

BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That is one beauty of a car..
          So is that 31 8 cylinder the same block as the 32 ?
          Love my Lark

Comment

I've known George Vassos for quite a while...He's a dentist, an occupation he learned while in the military.

George would bring what I believe was his first Studebaker, a white 1964 'square light' Avanti R2, to a garage in Roslindale, Massachusetts, where I sometimes worked with my good friend, the late Sheldon B. Henderson.

That '64 Avanti, which George still owns, is a beauty, with the great looking 'all claret' interior and, of course, the wood grain panels.

A REAL NICE GUY, I'm very happy George has done well,..and, obviously, STILL LOVES STUDEBAKERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
              There are detail differences that only a person really knowledgeable about these cars would know. Nothing that detracts from the car or its value. Both 336 c.i. straight Eights.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

"The Studebaker's exterior matches the original color as closely as possible using modern materials."
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

A true masterpiece of American ingenuity and design brought back in fine detail for all to admire. Well done, Mr. Vassos. Well done!

Comment

Nice to see it made the December, 2016 cover of Hemmings Motor News. I bought a copy yesterday.

If one looks at all the photos inside of the intense competition it was up against, one can see why his award was so well deserved.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                      "The Studebaker's exterior matches the original color as closely as possible using modern materials."
                      Not really.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
                        Externally they look the same. The crank is cast in 31, and machined in 32 with bolt on counter weights. Rods are different. Georges car has the original motor. I bought the motor from Lionel Stone when he removed it. And held onto it. Then sold it to George when he bought the car.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by studerex; 11-25-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X