Studie in Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studie in Movie

I watched the hilarious "Mon Oncle" with Jacques Tati on TCM last night, and there was quite a bit of screen time for a '54 Starliner as well as other American cars.
    peter lee

I saw the movie also , It was pretty funny , I couldn't believe the amount of American cars in that flick , I saw three different Studes, But the colours of the 56 Chebby were great, Go TCM

Comment

Last night I watched The Long, Long Trailer, 1954....saw at least three Stutebakers.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
        Last night I watched The Long, Long Trailer, 1954....saw at least three Stutebakers.
        I have serious credibility issues with that poor little Merc flathead trying to tow that boulder-filled horizontal apartment house on wheels.
        peter lee

Comment

It was a movie. Why would you expect truth? ...but seriously doesn't the rig use a dolly at the back of the car? I think they were fairly common back then. If you took it easy it probably worked ok.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

He had taken the Ford engine out and replaced it with a Champion 6.
            Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
            I have serious credibility issues with that poor little Merc flathead trying to tow that boulder-filled horizontal apartment house on wheels.
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

If memory serves me, a real challenge now, I believe that I remember a 1954 being substituted for the 53 at some point.

Comment

Working...
              X