Curious about Silver Hawk part...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about Silver Hawk part...

We have an original aluminum dash insert from a 58 Silver Hawk in excellent condition. All of the tabs are intact. We are wondering if this part is in demand, and if so, what a ballpark value for it would be. We're not sure if we are going to hold on to it or sell it. Thanks!

I'll bet it has some kind of value.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Are you talking about the machined overlay on the dash? If it includes the glove box door overlay I'm sure there would be a market for it since many I have seen are damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
        Are you talking about the machined overlay on the dash? If it includes the glove box door overlay I'm sure there would be a market for it since many I have seen are damaged.
        Yes, there are two parts, and one of them is the glove box door overlay.

Comment

If you are wanting to sell it, put a price on the item and the market will decide the value. Without a picture to determine condition, it can be ball park figure only. 1958 Silver Hawk production was about the same as 57, but overall 58 total production was very low.

Some of the Hawk experts can tell you here on the forum about the interchange of the overlay. I would recommend that you sell both pieces together. If you have a 1958 Silver Hawk or one that does interchange, keep it. Nothing is sadder than selling an item only to need it later on.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

Thanks for your replies! We purchased the 58 silver Hawk as a parts car for our 57 Golden Hawk, and to see how things were wired, etc. We will probably sell the parts from the Silver Hawk now that the Golden Hawk is about finished.

Comment

Working...
            X