Nice article in HCC on 56-58 sedans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article in HCC on 56-58 sedans

Just received my November 2016 edition of Hemmings Classic Cars in today's mail. The monthly "Detroit Underdogs" column this month features the 56-58 sedans as this month's underdog, meaning, a more or less unappreciated model that also is a good buy. Lots of nice (and accurate) comments about our favorite car. I had a '56 President Classic that I reluctantly sold in May of '14. What a great car!

I read that. He had high praise for the build quality of the cars and especially Studebaker engines. Very positive article.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I really enjoy Milton Stern. He is just slightly offbeat and eccentric. My kinda guy!
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Can't help but think there was some input from Bob.

Comment

Only trouble with his article is now those who used to price good examples reasonably will jack their prices in anticipation of a rise in demand. Get yours now while they're still within reason.

Comment

Studebaker PR in Hemmings magazines is always appreciated. Stern's article just sheds more light on our vehicles. I read it with pride on Tuesday and smiled.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The extremely nice '56 Classic I sold in May of '14 is apparently undergoing a complete off the frame restoration at a shop in Lancaster, PA. That should make it the nicest '56 in existence. Would love to have another one, but I'd have to sell either my GT Hawk or '60 convertible.

Comment

An extremely nice original, well-preserved '57 President Classic was offered for sale yesterday at the Dunkirk Swap Meet by a fellow from the Pittsburg area. Its Azure Blue and White, automatic, windshield washers, radio, back-up lights and one of the best original interiors I've ever seen in that model, it starts instantly and runs very nicely. He's asking $4,500, quite a bargain for such a nice President! Milton Stern is right, get one before they get discovered!

Comment

Originally posted by 60ragtop View Post
                  The extremely nice '56 Classic I sold in May of '14 is apparently undergoing a complete off the frame restoration at a shop in Lancaster, PA. That should make it the nicest '56 in existence. Would love to have another one, but I'd have to sell either my GT Hawk or '60 convertible.
                  FWIW, there's a '56 two-door here in Spokane which is just completing a body-off-frame restoration and will definitely be in the competition for the nicest '56 in existence.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

I miss my Azure blue and Wedgewood blue 1957 President Classic! Sold it in 1997 to buy a 56J.

Great road cars! It even had factory-installed HD suspension and Novi A/C.

I often wonder where it is now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 President Classic, front, left.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1709139
                    Bill L.
                    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
                      An extremely nice original, well-preserved '57 President Classic was offered for sale yesterday at the Dunkirk Swap Meet by a fellow from the Pittsburg area. Its Azure Blue and White, automatic, windshield washers, radio, back-up lights and one of the best original interiors I've ever seen in that model, it starts instantly and runs very nicely. He's asking $4,500, quite a bargain for such a nice President! Milton Stern is right, get one before they get discovered!
                      Sent you a PM

Comment

60ragtop: Check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                          Can't help but think there was some input from Bob.
                          Thanks, Doug, but I had little to do with it.

Milton PM'd me to ask a few questions about those cars before assembling the article, but it is pretty much his doing, following his initiative.

It is a nice article, isn't it? BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi

And for those who'd like a '56 President Classic, check out this one, a project about fifteen miles from Lewistown/Reedsville. It has surprisingly good original interior, the body may be reasonably solid too though look it over good in person:

Steve

Comment

I just picked this car up yesterday, in the trailer for some reason it looked white but it is actually Wedgewood Blue and Azure blue two tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X