Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 2R5 inner door window trim

Hey,
    I want to replace the window felt/fuzzy strip/ whiskers & vent window rubber seals, on my 49-2R5-C cab. Looking at the inside window area trim of the door, I cannot find a seam or screws, were the inner window trim comes away from the main outer door, allowing ease of access to the trim area. Need help with this, as I have look on the web and so far I have not found an answer.
    THXS
    oldguy51

There isn't. There is no easy access to replace these. You will have to remove the window and the vent window assembly. You can get he universal strips at a local upholstery shop, and the clips that hold them to the inner/outer door (window) opening are available through any of the Studebaker parts vendors. You will have to cut them to fit and hand install the clips. Installing the vent window rubber seals is no easy job, either. You will need a great deal of patience and a fine eye for detail.
    Bo

Comment

The vent window comes out first, and is held in place by five screws (3 from the top and 2 through the bottom weatherstrip). The door glass can then be removed. The vertical window division fuzzy can only be replaced by removing the window glass from the door. You will reduce the chance that you'll break the window by having a glass shop remove the division bar from the window and reinstalling it after the fuzzy is replaced. The horizontal fuzzies are best installed with the glass in the door, but rolled down below the usual stopping point. They are held on by push-in clips -- easy if you don't drop them (have a magnet handy to retrieve them). The vent window weatherstrip can only be replaced with the vent window out of the truck. You must drill out and replace the swivel rivet at the top. SI has the rivets.

The truck shop manual explains the procedure to remove the window and vent window.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I installed the car whiskers on my 53' 2R6.....I don't think they're the best fit since my windows still rattle when opened. DOn't know if there is a better option. I would need the vent window seals....NLA ??

Comment

Thanks guys
          Was hoping for an easy solution,oh well onward as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
            I installed the car whiskers on my 53' 2R6.....I don't think they're the best fit since my windows still rattle when opened. DOn't know if there is a better option. I would need the vent window seals....NLA ??
            Available from SI for $130 a pair.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by oldguy51 View Post
              Thanks guys
              Was hoping for an easy solution,oh well onward as they say.
              Actually, disassembly and removal of the truck door glass is very simple, as is the replacement of the door window fuzzies. The division bar fuzzy and the vent window weather seal are bit more work.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

echo #17...........

Comment

Working...
                X