Pure Stocks 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Stocks 2016

Looking forward to attending again this year after missing it last year. We will have the motor home there and doing our usual lunch cook out Friday and Saturday in the Pit area by the Studes .

Theres some videos here.....https://m.facebook.com/psmcdr

Comment

Sooooooo, any results?

Comment

Sit tight, John. I'll have something with photos up on the Racing Studebakers Forum later today (Tuesday, September 20), with a link here. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

Bob's reports are always the best. Looking forward to it.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

'Here ya go, gang; enjoy!

BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, Bob, for the great report. I would love to see that race some day.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Yes. Very nice. Thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

BP
                    As I said over there Bob
                    As usual Bob, great report. It's still a great experience to see Ted and both cars come off the line. Really well set up cars. BTW, in case I missed it, I believe the 57 Ford was an "F" Code blown car if the announcement was correct. First one I've ever seen on the track.
                    Bob

Comment

Bob, that was Frank Rice's '57 312 Y-block, with a blower. I think it was offered as a police interceptor. Only other 50s car to qualify this year although I did see 57 or 58 Dodge Custom Royal doing an after hours burn out (lol).

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                        Bob, that was Frank Rice's '57 312 Y-block, with a blower. I think it was offered as a police interceptor. Only other 50s car to qualify this year although I did see 57 or 58 Dodge Custom Royal doing an after hours burn out (lol).
                        Dave, here's that 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer in practice Friday:

It has the lower-horsepower, single 4bbl 361 CID D-500 engine, rated at 305 HP. The higher-horsepower Super D500 had 320 horsepower with two 4-bbl carbs.

For some reason, he did not participate in Saturday's shootouts, although he made at least two runs Friday, IIRC. BP

Comment

Bob Palma, thanks so much for taking us "wanna be theres" to the races ! Great report, great photos... I bet that big Dodge had the best weight transfer characteristics with that loooong rear end, ha ! Beautiful cars, but not many seen at the races. I wish I could get our 55 over there to race with Dave Warren, we could do a "demo of the 55s" run, ha ! Hope there were no battery hold-down violations given.... thanks again sir, loved the report !

Comment

Originally Posted by BobPalma

BP
                            Always anticipated and greatly appreciated Bob. As per your post in Racing Studebakers, perhaps a rehash of my bucket list is order!!

Bill

Comment

Johnny, I would love to have someone else in my time class. My first run I was probably gob-smacked and sat at the lights a little too long. My reaction time was .5 seconds. That would help a lot at the other end of the track (lol). I also forgot to put the dip stick back in and was running on almost no tranny fluid. When I finally got the easy glitches cured, my tranny wouldn't shift into 3rd unless I backed off the throttle at 70 mph. The tranny shop is going to adjust the pressure for 3rd and adjust all three bands in the old Borg-Warner. I can chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd, but going into 3rd should be a little more definite. All my old racer friends say go do your run and then start tuning. Too late when I'm that far from home. For any who haven't been, it's the best kind of car show. 130 factory beauties that actually race.
                              Last edited by warrlaw1; 09-22-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X