that time again and picture of camping with stude and serro scotty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that time again and picture of camping with stude and serro scotty

last cruise in of the season tomorrow , weather permitting. i am joes wife. planning on bringing the 66 serro scotty and the 59 glasspar boat we own that matches the year of my Lark. its been a fun year. did alot of photo shoots with the stude and my toys, putting car up for the season monday.
    we took the 59 camping at hamlin beach state park with the 66 serro scotty. was fun being the star of the loop having pictures taken of us and conversations started. looking forward to fun again next year. Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1751697

That certainly is a striking duo. Love it!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Seconds here!
      Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
      That certainly is a striking duo. Love it!
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Very nice to see you enjoying and showing your fine combination. Sort of reminds me of when we use to hook up our Shasta trailer to the Wagonaire and go out to Brannon Island on the Sacramento River just about every weekend. I do have to say I was a little surprised to see Shasta wings on your Serro Scotty. Was that your touch or were they already on it?
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, someone is making those Shasta 'wings' and selling them on the 'bay and in Craig's list.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

early serro scotties had wings, but i didnt like them, so i put shasta wings on it.

Comment

thanks , husband did all the work on the car and completely rebuilt the camper for me

Comment

thank you, its alot of fun owning these. next step in the spring of 2017 is to fix up and buy a motor for the 59 glasspar avalon fiberglass runabout boat we bought. year matches my Lark

Comment

Your trailer and car look great. Most of the Avalons I have seen over years came with a 35 hp Johnson or Evinrude motor. A new or late model motor will cost more than you could sell your Studebaker for. Find a used one, late 50's to mid 60's to match the boat. Since your husband is a great mechanic, he shouldn't have any trouble getting one in shape. They are easy to work on and parts are available for them. Like Studebakers they requite more frequent maintenance and adjustment and won't get the fuel economy of a new one but maintained will serve you well. Stay away from Mercury's of that era, nothing but trouble in my experience. Just be sure the transom is not rotted. Boats are probably one of the most labor intensive hobbies there is, we used to figure 3-4 hours of work for every hour on the water. Winter is the best time to buy anything boat related, prices are often 1\3rd to 1\2 less than in spring and summer. Have fun, Studebaker + camping trailer + boat I don't think it could get much better than that.

Comment

When my kids were young we had a 1969 Sportscraft tent trailer that we towed with our 62 Lark 8 .. We got lots of comments at the campgrounds with our
                    set up and it worked well for us .. This was more then 20 years ago .. So much fun .. Love your set up..
                    Love my Lark

Comment

By the by, love the car and the trailer. Even though the Serro Scotty would be dangerous for my head.

Oh, and thanks for the pics. Love seeing them.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I seen this diecast a few weeks back and it reminded me of your camper. Different brand but the wings are the same. Looks more like purple.
                        Oh well, I thought it was neat. They also make one in 1:24 scale. I've only seen one so far at Meijer's, I can't remember what the colors were.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X