Thinking of selling my 55 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling my 55 President

Runs, drives, and stops but currently not on the road. Looks good from 25 feet as the picture shows. Excellent restoration candidate. I have some additional parts. Love this project, but I just dont have the space or time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0913 (1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1751690

Regular Hard Top, not a Speedster. If interested, PM me. Im in Western NY.

Wow!...she's a BEAUTY!

Comment

It sure is, but if I have to ask the price, I probably can't afford it!

Bob Miles

Comment

I have purposefully set no price because I am not sure how to evaluate these types of projects. Just tossing it up here first before going elsewhere. If anyone is interested, PM and I can send links to more pictures.

Comment

In the picture, she looks wonderful! What the the condition underneath? Solid vs. rusty?

You mentioned that the car runs and stops, what keeps it off the road?

I wish you were more geographically convenient.

Comment

Family considerations are and will prevent me from devoting proper time and space to this project for years to come and quite possibly indefinitely. I have left the vehicle in storage for the last few years due to limited space. From a needs perspective, I believe it needs front coil springs and leaf springs as you might be able to tell from the profile picture in this thread. It also has a pesky power steering leak that needs a new gasket in the pump and a couple of electrical gremlins for internal lighting. The biggest immediate need is an exhaust as it has disintegrated. Finally, it required some weld repair on the frame due to rust which was done in 2012. As insurance I purchased a frame from Bob Peterson a few years ago for a future off body restoration project as I believe finding frames in the future will be exceedingly difficult.

Life events crop up that you can't quite control and its best I sell this project to minimize things I need to be concerned about. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I will post this up to CL, followed by eBay. After thinking about this I would be happy with $4000 for everything, but I have no idea if that is way too much even for a running V8 hard top. Im open to offers or suggestions on CL, eBay pricing, but in the end I am selling this vehicle this fall.

Comment

Robert,

Price certainly seems more then reasonable to me! I wouldn't accept an offer of less. I'm curious as to the reason that you think that it needs a complete restoration?

Comment

That's a very nice looking car, and unless the rust is bad, the price seems very good.

Comment

I paid $2000 for a 55 Commander HT that was rusted, run dry of oil, frozen, torque converter blown up and with collision damage. You have more than twice the car, there. Good luck on your sale. I have one more build in me and I'm looking for a finless C - coupe, with title as a donor car.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Can you send me photos of the rusted frame? rotary7100s@yahoo.com

Comment

To everyone who posted interested here and in PM, I will find pictures and videos and post them tomorrow.

Comment

About 25-30 years ago, I stopped and looked at a 53 Stude hardtop, sitting at the end of a long drive. The owner came out and said something like, "not saying its for sale, but how much would you give?" I told him $75, then walked off and left him in the middle of what I considered a totally pointless conversation.

Comment

I have people come up and ask "How much for it", as if it was for sale. I told them it costs more to build than what it's worth, but when I'm dead they can negotiate with my staff.
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Below are two links to my Microsoft One Drive

First is the car running, about 25mb
                            Second is a batch of scaled down pictures, about 3mb

In the picture file you can see the rust on the driver rear side that I was required to get welded.
                            Number 0926, 0946, post weld 1042, 1043

If you have any interest in pursuing let me know.

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Still available ... If anyone is interested let me know. I would rather sell to SDC member, then post up to CL or eBay. Will hold off a few days before posting elsewhere.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X