steam clean under carrig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam clean under carrig

anyone know were I can get the bottom of my 64 cruiser steam cleaned? I'm in the Addison il. area.thanks in advance. leonard

I have a steam cleaner, and am looking to clean up my car too....problem is getting the car high enough to effectively work. I was looking for a set of those ramps at car lots, raises up the car about 36 inches and it automatically tilts the car level as you drive up. Figured I could get under it well enough. I have a lift, but really don't want to do it INSIDE my garage.....You find the ramps, I'll bring the cleaner. I just across the Ill/Ind Line

Comment

Now that's Studebaker club members helping other members. Very cool!

Comment

I cleaned underneath my '64 Daytona a few yeas back on a hoist inside. I tapped builders plastic from the sills, across the floor then up the other side. and from the front and rear down. I used some 4x2's under the sheeting to form a tray to keep any liquid in. When finished I just folded it all in on itself, rolled it up, drained off the water and binned it. Make sure you ware disposable overalls and plastic over your boots. I wore gum boots without the plastic and spent an hour scrapping the grease out of the tread grooves. I have some photos of the set up, if you want them send me your email address. Doing it under a hoist is the way to go.
        Matt
        Brisbane
        Australia
        sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
          I cleaned underneath my '64 Daytona a few yeas back on a hoist inside. I tapped builders plastic from the sills, across the floor then up the other side. and from the front and rear down. I used some 4x2's under the sheeting to form a tray to keep any liquid in. When finished I just folded it all in on itself, rolled it up, drained off the water and binned it. Make sure you ware disposable overalls and plastic over your boots. I wore gum boots without the plastic and spent an hour scrapping the grease out of the tread grooves. I have some photos of the set up, if you want them send me your email address. Doing it under a hoist is the way to go.
          Yeah, about what I was thinking of......I just know what kind of mess I am capable of, even with the most elaborate precautions.......Might just use two jacks, on the same side of the car and do it lying down.....one side at a time....

Comment

Working...
          X