• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking my favorites

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1751612 Gonna have to park these two for awhile. I'm having shoulder replacement surgery next week. Doc sez I won't be any good at all for 3 weeks and not much good for awhile after that.

Prayers desired.
    Neil Thornton

Prayers sent Neil. I hope you recover quickly.

Comment

Praying for ya, Neil... follow doctor's orders, and get well soon!
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

'Sorry indeed to hear that, Neil. All the best. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Good luck recuperating.

What is that primer/red and white fender on the extreme left of the picture?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

What was that, too many concrete blocks wore out your shoulder? <G,G>

All my best for a speedy and complete recovery.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As stated, quick speedy recovery! Listen to the Docs. and Nurses! Thet ARE great!

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

My best for your recovery. Listen to and follow PT instructions.
                Perry
                \'50 Business Champion
                \'50 Starlight Champion
                \'60 Lark Convertible,
                \'63 GT R1,
                \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
                  It is a good thing that the techniques are available to repair things that used to cripple or severely impair people in the past. I know a number of people who have had various joints repaired with great results.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Roy, That's a 56 Flight Hawk that is slowly being converted to A 54 coupe. I gave it to my Grandson Zack, but right now he is more interested in baseball and girls!
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12109083_902734183109663_7766524218664927951_n (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1708686No Gary, I was ran over by an 18 wheeler last year. severely damaged my rotator cuff. I waited so long to get it fixed, I now must have a complete shoulder replacement. Thanks for the well wishes. Neil
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Brother Neil, prayers lifted for you. In addition, allow me to offer a little encouragement. I've "been there, done that." I not only survived, but thrived! Allow your faith to push you through the difficulty. Be aware, one of the kindnesses God gave us, is that we can't remember pain! This is the subject of many discussions I've had with my buddy (since childhood). He is a Veterinarian, and very intelligent. But, we have had this discussion, off & on for years. He says he remembers the day he rolled his dad's pristine 1954 Ford truck, on a dirt road, and he remembers, "IT HURT!" I always follow that with this question..."are you in pain now?" He always answers, "NO." Then, I say..."well if you really remembered the pain...you'd be in pain now!"

So...you may experience a bit of "short term" discomfort from the surgery, but believe me, you'll get over it. Before I had my surgery, I would lay in the floor in pain. I recall that event, as being unpleasant, but not the pain. If your experience is like mine, you will be given physical therapy for a time. Do your best to approach it with enthusiasm. At first, the little exercises might seem silly, if not foolish. However, little by little, you will begin to realize you are improving. If your result is similar to mine, the difficulties, you are experiencing, that caused you to need the surgery...truly...will be a faint memory.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Brother Neil, prayers lifted for you. In addition, allow me to offer a little encouragement. I've "been there, done that." I not only survived, but thrived! Allow your faith to push you through the difficulty. Be aware, one of the kindnesses God gave us, is that we can't remember pain! This is the subject of many discussions I've had with my buddy (since childhood). He is a Veterinarian, and very intelligent. But, we have had this discussion, off & on for years. He says he remembers the day he rolled his dad's pristine 1954 Ford truck, on a dirt road, and he remembers, "IT HURT!" I always follow that with this question..."are you in pain now?" He always answers, "NO." Then, I say..."well if you really remembered the pain...you'd be in pain now!"

So...you may experience a bit of "short term" discomfort from the surgery, but believe me, you'll get over it. Before I had my surgery, I would lay in the floor in pain. I recall that event, as being unpleasant, but not the pain. If your experience is like mine, you will be given physical therapy for a time. Do your best to approach it with enthusiasm. At first, the little exercises might seem silly, if not foolish. However, little by little, you will begin to realize you are improving. If your result is similar to mine, the difficulties, you are experiencing, that caused you to need the surgery...truly...will be a faint memory.
                          Thanks for the encouraging words John. How long before you could ride your bike again?
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                            Thanks for the encouraging words John. How long before you could ride your bike again?
                            Like everything with me...there's a story there...but I won't bore your with it now. As far as how long before I could ride...I don't remember.

Come to think of it...I rode my old 1995 VT1100 this past Wednesday. Along with my Veterinarian buddy and two other friends. In fact, he dropped his expensive BMW motorcycle. DIDN'T HURT But the embarrassment was pretty painful.

Of course, one of the PERKS of being over seventy years old...is you have a built in excuse to "NOT REMEMBER."
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yes sir, some more prayers sent your way.
                              Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                              Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Working...
                              X