A trio of GT's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trio of GT's!

I looked at three interesting Gran Turismo Hawks at two different locations today....A pair of '62's, and the other a '63. Here's the '62's.......(The owner intends to restore the automatic transmission car,...the factory 4 speed car he considers to be a parts car.
    Attached Files

Note the missing cowl tag....beside it was a '4 speed' streamer...he has these items.

Comment

Here's the '62 GT that the owner hopes to restore...This car was unfortunately completely sand-blasted years ago...and not put into primer afterwards, so there's a substantial coat of surface rust on it...the frame is solid, although the body itself needs the usual lower rust repairs...It came with two NOS 1/4 panels....289, auto.

This Hawk has the optional extra underseat heater on the driver's side....and two really nice '62 GT Hawk aluminum deck lid 'grilles', which were in the trunk.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SN-60; 08-27-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I could provide a nice home for the 4 speed streamer and maybe one of the trunk "grills" in my '62, depending on price.

Paul
        I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
        1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenStude View Post
          I could provide a nice home for the 4 speed streamer and maybe one of the trunk "grills" in my '62, depending on price.

Paul
          He just bought these two Hawks Paul, and he does intend to restore one....However, I'll let you know if he puts the items you mentioned up for sale.

This 'package' came with a healthy Avanti R1 engine that he intends to hook up to the 4 speed.....The car has power steering, so ultimately might be a nice driver!

Comment

Here's the '63 GT...This is an interesting car, as it was last 'on the road' in 1968....I didn't get the mileage, but apparently it's quite low.

It's a 3 speed with o/d car, with power steering....This Hawk was taken off the road due to engine problems, and it has it's original engine, plus a full-flow 289 that was removed from a wreck in '68....There's very little grease build up on the second engine, and it also 'probably' is low mileage.

Check out the 'puffy' '63 style rear deck lid grille!

It does have typical rust in the outer rockers and lower 1/4's. The driver's side rocker panel was replaced years ago. (car has sat in this garage for 48 years!!)
            Attached Files

Comment

More pics of the '63 GT Hawk.........
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that none of these cars has a full dash. I would have thought the buyer of the 4 speed car would have wanted a tach. I see the 63 does have a tach, but no clock. I guess the reason I noticed was that both of the 62 GT Hawks that I owned had full dashes and they were just 2 barrel V-8 with automatic cars.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

A few other 'odds n ends' photos....and check out that high quality South Bend lathe!
                  Attached Files

Comment

That '63 GT is quite unusual, it appears to be an Early Car with the '62 Firewall, and some kind of Mod with a Air duct put through the Defroster Hole blockout Cover.

But SOMETHING has been swapped, because that is a quite Late Walnut faced Dash! The Two could not go together.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If anyone might be interested, as far as I know the white '63 GT is going to be for sale.......

Comment

I don't know the price paid for both but even if it was free one could not put together one as nice as the 62 GT I have on e-bay right now for $11,500 and the one I have is supercharged and very nice interior, in fact every thing is nice, just trying to find a good home for it.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                          I don't know the price paid for both but even if it was free one could not put together one as nice as the 62 GT I have on e-bay right now for $11,500 and the one I have is supercharged and very nice interior, in fact every thing is nice, just trying to find a good home for it.
                          I agree!...that silver '62 GT looks really nice, is a turn-key, and well worth the asking price!....Good luck with the sale!

Comment

The fellow that owns the two '62 Hawks is also into Ford Model 'T's"!
                            Attached Files

Comment

I spoke with the owner of the white '63 GT Hawk today and asked if it was possibly for sale.....It is....and he's asking $1,000 or best offer. (This would include the extra engine)

Anyone seriously interested can PM me, and I'll put you in touch with the guy.

Remember,....SERIOUS inquires only!

Comment

Working...
                              X