Jim Turner Doing Well after Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Turner Doing Well after Surgery

'Just returned (Thursday, August 25) from visiting Jim Turner at St. Vincent's Hospital in NW Indianapolis. As several of you know, Jim has been beset with too many medical issues of late. Following neck vertebrae fusion surgery in early July, he developed some blood clots that landed him in the ER a couple weeks ago due to severe pain that could not be accounted for.

(We'll pass on the temptation to discuss pains in the neck for the time being...)

Anyway, X-Rays during that ER trip ultimately got him immediately admitted to the hospital right from ER, in that blood clots can be deadly, as we know, and they wanted to monitor him right then and there. Further tests revealed a cancerous node in his right lung, which was surgically removed Wednesday, August 24. It was malignant, so they're now monitoring those results as well.

He is in excellent spirits and feels quite good; eating everything imaginable and anxious to go home Friday the 26th...or Saturday the 27th at the latest. Jim will celebrate his 60th birthday September 9 (I think he said the 9th), to answer a possible question.

He sends best wishes to all, with a request for understanding if brake parts responses and shipments might be a little slow for a week or two. He is "up" for brake business, though, so any delays will be temporary and modest. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Jim, take care.

Jim & Judy
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Thanks for the update Bob. Great guy, he and his wife went out of their way to make Judy and I feel welcome to the Noblesville area on our way through a few years back. Best wishes Jim, heal quickly. Bob

Comment

Wow...Thanks for the update Bob. I have become a big JIM TURNER fan over the last few years. Although, he makes about the best darn brake conversion out there, my friendship has nothing to do with that. It is that he is such a decent person, I believe I would have a great opinion, of him, no matter what his vocation, hobby, or interest. A sincere, compassionate, person who seems comfortable in his own skin. I spent some time at his table at the South Bend Swap meet this past may. We talked about some of his health issues and the upcoming procedure. While many of us SDC'ers have, what we perceive, good friendships... Distance, and the fear of becoming a nuisance, limits our communications. This forum is a blessing. I have had Jim on my prayer list since the swap meet. I recall him posting, on the forum , about the earlier surgery, and apologized in case of order, and communication delays. However, I had no clue of the subsequent complications.

Although, I hate to hear of the pain, and the blood clots...enduring that could end up being a blessing. Had he not undergone the ER visit, subsequent procedure and testing...that cancer could still be there...festering away...undetected until too late. I will continue to lift him up in my prayers, along with the medical staff administering to him.

And to add...Jim, when you get to feeling good enough to log back on to this forum... If you see this...hang in there...I look forward to pestering you again at another meet or two.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Good to hear he's doing well

Comment

Guess he`ll be recouping out in the Bahamas shortly then !!!! LOL
            Get well soon Jim ;o)
            Geoff

Comment

Get well soon, Jim. Our thoughts and prayers are with you here in KY. Will put you on our church prayer list.

Comment

Sorry to hear of his health issues. Glad he's doing well. I have not gotten my truck back yet but when I do I would like to take it by his place since he requested it as a get well present.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Bob. Jim is a special friend, for sure. Prayers sent!!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Good to hear Jim is on the mend. Great guy

Comment

Jim Turner is a classy guy. Sad to hear he has had health issues, but happy to know he is healing. I look forward to seeing him in South Bend next year.
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Best wishes to you from the Karel Staple Chapter.

Comment

I called Jim around 08/11 and ordered his dual master cylinder conversion for my '63 Avanti. It arrived on the 13th and was installed on the 18th. Thanks to Jim and his prompt service my car is back at car events and I have the security of the dual system. It is good news to hear that he is on the road to recovery.
                          Last edited by Bob Bryant; 08-26-2016, 08:18 AM. Reason: punctuation
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I have never met Jim, but I certainly wish him a speedy recovery and future good health. If he is a Studebaker guy, he's a friend of mine.
                            Ed Sallia
                            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I wish him all the best. He is one class act all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X