'56 Golden Hawk at Pebble Beach 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '56 Golden Hawk at Pebble Beach 2016

My mother-in-law shot this photo from the 2016 Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance in Carmel, CA last Thursday. She said it was received very well and garnered a lot of interest from spectators. It is my favorite event of the Pebble Beach car week, for it proves the roadworthiness of the entries and acts as a tie-breaker if two cars in the same class have the same score. All the different sounds and engine configurations are a real treat to witness en route to Big Sur before returning to park on Ocean Ave. in Carmel for free public viewing.

A featured class for 2016 is "Two-Man Indianapolis Racing Cars 1930-37". I'm unsure if there were any Studebakers invited, but I sure hope so!

Anyone know the car/driver?

Last edited by Andy R.; 08-22-2016, 08:25 PM.
    Andy
    62 GT

Very Nice looking Golden Hawk, too Bad about the missing rear splash pan, wrong exhausts and Extensions though.

I don't know how their Judging goes at Pebble Beach, but it might only be a 6 Point originality deduction at an SDC Meet,
    but at THE $$ Pebble Beach, what ...25 Points, for 3 very obvious errors?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Very Nice looking Golden Hawk, too Bad about the missing rear splash pan, wrong exhausts and Extensions though.

I don't know how their Judging goes at Pebble Beach, but it might only be a 6 Point originality deduction at an SDC Meet,
      Say, Rich-- Did you happen to notice anything nice about the car? Looks to be a lovely Hawk to me...
      1950 Commander Land Cruiser
      1951 Champion Business Coupe
      1951 Commander Starlight
      1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
      1953 Champion Starlight
      1953 Commander Starliner
      1953 2R5
      1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
      1957 Silver Hawk
      1957 3E5 Pick-Up
      1959 Silver Hawk
      1961 Hawk
      1962 Cruiser 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
      1965 Cruiser
      1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
        Say, Rich-- Did you happen to notice anything nice about the car? Looks to be a lovely Hawk to me...
        As a matter of fact I did:
        Quote: "Very Nice looking Golden Hawk"

It did have a nice original looking Ceramic Green and Arctic White Paint job though.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe that splash pan is 'just visible' Rich.....Beautiful car!

Comment

<snip>It did have a nice original looking Ceramic Green and Arctic White Paint job though.
            WOW ...Rich really does have a sharp eye for detail. I would have thought it looked more like Ceramic Green and SNOWCAP white.

Very nice 56J and what an honor to be seen at PB!!!

Comment

I definitely see the splash pan

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                I definitely see the splash pan
                Sure looks like it!!!

Both tailpipes are hanging about 2" lower than they should be if attached per engineering design. That coupled with the camera angle create a "GAP" and give the illusion the rear bumper gravel deflector is missing.

Comment

Nice looking car. I like the color combination and have come to appreciate the 56J. I like the 56J's more restrained tail fins.

Comment

it doesn't have the optional backup lights either. It looks like the Mile Migelia car, it has a munber sticker on the doors
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X