Parts or donor truck needed - 62 Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts or donor truck needed - 62 Champ

I have a 1962 champ that was given to me by my father before he passed away. I was wrecked 13 years ago and I finally am able to start working on it. I am looking for a donor truck or parts. Any help would greatly appreciated. I am sure I should write a laundry list of things I want or need but I really don't even know what that laundry but list would be. Once I figure out how to upload pictures from my iPad to a thread I will. Thank you for any and all help and comments.

Things to do after you bought that Studebaker. This is found by going to "Studebaker Drivers Club Homepage" at the top of this page.
    Go to "Tech Tips, Specs and Data"

This will help to find parts, info and what ever else you need.
    All vendors use factory parts numbers when ordering.
    It would behoove you to get:
    A shop manual
    A chassis parts catalog
    A body parts catalog

More vendor info

Extensive info to be found here.
    Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Studebaker Truck Talk. Nothing but Studebaker Trucks.
    And of course, the many knowledgable people here.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

We would have a little better idea what you are facing if we knew which portion was hit or wrecked: Front, Rear, Left or Right Side?

Mechanical condition; Runs? Brakes out?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Nice to see that another Studebaker is in the hands of someone that wants it on the road again. Most parts are available, either new from vendors or used from the many informed people that keep this forum active and fun. Good luck with your truck.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

When you get the time, make sure to enter your information in the 1962 Champ forum registry:

And thanks for saving another - 1962 was Studebakers best year for Champ production, but being trucks meant not many were taken very good care of...

Comment

It was rearended by a s10 at 60 mph and moved 32 feet up a hill. She hit it on the rear drivers corner. The bed hit the cab and the cab is pushed over the door an 1/8 of inch so I can't even open the drivers door. The bed is a total loss from years of neglect from my father and grandfather. So I know I need a new one. The truck does run and the brakes are good once I add fluid and bleed them. I am also looking to swap out the factory intake for a 4 barrel. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1708539Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1708540
            Attached Files

Comment

Long bed or short bed? I have two parts truck that might help. Mine are long beds

Comment

It's a short bed

Comment

I have a short-bed you can have. However, the catch is, you have to come and get it. The body is largely complete, though not perfect.
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                    I have a short-bed you can have. However, the catch is, you have to come and get it. The body is largely complete, though not perfect.

Do do you have pictures by chance?

Comment

There's an old thread here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=frumpy

There is lots of surface rust from a lousy repair job. The truck sideswiped something in the past and they did a bondo job rather than actually fix the relatively minor damage. Floors aren't very good, but still there. The VIN plate fell off and I believe is in the glove box. There is no registration. I bought it as a parts truck. Oh, I might have that manifold you are looking for too. In fact, pretty sure it's around either the shop or storage unit... somewhere anyway.
                      Last edited by studeclunker; 08-23-2016, 11:31 PM.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The link isn't working

Comment

Originally posted by Swt62champ View Post
                          The link isn't working
                          Worked for me.....but it really isn't a link. Copy it and paste it into the address line.
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Ok so I got the link to work lol. Are there any more pictures of the truck? It's kinda hard to see from just the one that is there. You can email me at swtdrmz21@gmail.com. Thank you in advance

Comment

nevada to cali, just go get it!

Comment

Working...
                              X