stu-v R4 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu-v R4 car

I am looking for the R4 hardtop that belonged to the guy who was Stu-v. I have a lead on it and I need the serial number. It was in Oregon and then moved to Utah for awhile. The engine was gone and it was pretty rusty when I last saw it. I believe Nels got the pistons from it and maybe even drove it long ago. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Rob

That was Chris Banke. Dave L. was his business partner, he should be around here soon. Last I saw of him was 1980 or 81.

Comment

Originally posted by mapman View Post
      I am looking for the R4 hardtop that belonged to the guy who was Stu-v. I have a lead on it and I need the serial number. It was in Oregon and then moved to Utah for awhile. The engine was gone and it was pretty rusty when I last saw it. I believe Nels got the pistons from it and maybe even drove it long ago. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks, Rob
      Well Chris had the R3 convertible that was run at Bonneville. I don't know anything about the hardtop R4. I will try to find out.

Perhaps Nels knows about the hardtop.
      David L

Comment

The HT was a full package R1 power shift, I believe. I drove it years ago when it was for sale in Southern California. I don't remember it ever having an R4 engine. I bought the car from Banke but never took delivery. I ended up trading it off for some parts and there may have been some R4 or R3 parts in the deal. That was a long time ago. I probably have the serial number somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Comment

Ok. I found it. The serial number is 64V 1614.

Comment

Are you guys are talking about a 64 Daytona Hard Top?...if so, I don't have it on the registry.
            Originally posted by nels View Post
            Ok. I found it. The serial number is 64V 1614.
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
              Are you guys are talking about a 64 Daytona Hard Top?...if so, I don't have it on the registry.
              Yes we are. Still need to verify its existence.

Comment

Thanks, Rob
                You're asking about the R4 hardtop assembled for 'Car Life' magazine?.......The "Build It Yourself Studebaker" article

Comment

Thanks for the information, I just returned from back packing with my daughter. We had the car in our possession but then it was put into storage. After some serious illness it seems to have disappeared since we went to the yard we were told it had been stored at and they told us it had never been there. We are trying to locate it or find out what happened to it.
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    You're asking about the R4 hardtop assembled for 'Car Life' magazine?.......The "Build It Yourself Studebaker" article
                    We got the car without an engine or trans. It was supposed to have had an R4/4sd in it before we got it. I don't know if it is the same car or where the engine came in.
                    Rob

Comment

We got the car without an engine or trans. It was supposed to have had an R4/4sd in it before we got it. I don't know if it is the same car or where the engine came in.
                      Rob
                      Thanks Rob,...a very historical vehicle indeed if it's the same car! (Sure hope you can locate it!)

Comment

Working...
                      X