Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Looking for 1959 Studebaker Lark Motor Mounts

Hey guys,

Looking for the rubber bushings/motor mounts for my 1959 Studebaker Lark. 259 v8 with automatic transmission. (almost look like a rubber hockey puck)

I have been looking online and in Studebaker internationals catalog but haven't had too much luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Probably looking in the wrong place in the SI catalogue, The above is the online link-but sometimes SI servers take awhile to load Same on all V8s unless you need short ones like an Avanti R2.

Comment

Studebaker International current catalog page 164. 533296 Front motor mount, '53. '64 V-8 $16.50 each

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1708429
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1708430

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to show us, your second picture is the one that is correct, first one looks like it's from a different vehicle,

Comment

First picture looks like a broken mount sitting on TOP of the engine mount bracket. It is supposed to be under the bracket.

Comment

Could be 51-52 V8 or Truck mounts.

Comment

Doug, they need to both be like the bottom picture, on the BOTTOM of the mount.

Also, I highly recommend you change out the transmission mounts. Mine had literally melted and drooled down onto the exhaust pipes. The driver's side needs to have a 3/8" shim between the trans mount and the frame cross member so the left side of the engine/trans sits higher. This is to clear the steering gear on your Lark.

I got mine from SI.
                Engine: 533296, need Qty (2)
                Transmission: 1547202-3, Need Qty (1) Pair

Look under the left side to make sure the spacer is still there before you order. Mine was missing and I had to make a spacer at the last minute to get it together.
                Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
                1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. The one that was installed incorrectly/ broken was throwing me off. I had found the correct part in the catalog but couldn't find a match to the "broken" one.

Just ordered the correct ones from SI.

Comment

Transmission: 1547202-3, Need Qty (1) Pair.

Hey guys, motor mount situation is taken care of and I have found the trans mounts I need but just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has a pair of nos trans mounts they are interested in selling. I have no problem purchasing from studebaker international but just wanted to ask before I place my order Wednesday evening.

Comment

Since your engine mounts were bad I would order them from SI also, that rubber rots with age even in a box. Make sure you have the "slug" used as a spacer on the drivers side 532427 spacer 1/2". The way your front engine mount looked it may be missing. Good luck.

Comment

mounts

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
                        Hey guys,

Looking for the rubber bushings/motor mounts for my 1959 Studebaker Lark. 259 v8 with automatic transmission. (almost look like a rubber hockey puck)

I have been looking online and in Studebaker internationals catalog but haven't had too much luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 60 Lark I'm using for a parts car. mounts are still there. Will be pulling motor soon (I hope) if that will help.

Comment

Working...
                        X