56 Golden Hawk 56J K7 #6800125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Golden Hawk 56J K7 #6800125

Anyone have any info on this car? Original color?

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig, no real info there. Fabricated copy of production order. Looks like blue paint under peeling white paint on trunk, also body tag on firewall appears to be blue.

Comment

Perhaps Frank can confirm it.

Maintain production records,track the remaining 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawks, help owners maintain or restore their cars, help prospective owners make an intelligent purchase.

Craig

Comment

He listed it for the seller. He just sent me the fabricated production order you see on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Perhaps Frank can confirm it.
            Craig
            Craig, Frank IS the Seller!!!

Way to go Frank!

Comment

No, he's listing it for Elaine in Rome, NY

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                Craig, Frank is the Seller!!!
                It appears he is representing it for its widowed owner. I'd like to trust that Frank would list it honestly, and clearly state the original color if it's not, just as he has done with the transmission.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                  Thanks Craig, no real info there. Fabricated copy of production order. Looks like blue paint under peeling white paint on trunk, also body tag on firewall appears to be blue.
                  The body tag has 'peeled' and shows its natural metal color......Everything else on this Hawk that appears blue (or light blue) is actually white.....Definitely not the best photos!

(This Golden Hawk is definitely painted Snowcap White over Sunglow Gold....its original colors.)

Comment

56 Golden Hawk 56J K7 #6800125

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    It appears he is representing it for its widowed owner. I'd like to trust that Frank would list it honestly, and clearly state the original color if it's not, just as he has done with the transmission.

Craig
                    I spoke with Frank and here is the poop. He has had Elaine's car listed on the 56J web site for several years. Ebay was offering a special reduced fee for cars for sale for a short period. Instead of charging $125 if the car sales, they were charging $25. Frank offered to list the car for Elaine. She sent him photos and that was what he posted. He also posted a production order which clearly shows the original colors as White/Gold. The production order he posted is one he generates from his data base. It contains much more information than the original, especially those from the Los Angeles plant.

A few days later, someone who had the car inspected sent Frank additional photos showing some of the flaws and he added them to the auction. He felt the car was not represented correctly and didn't want someone to buy it and blame him. As he stated in the auction listing, he said he does not know anything about the car other than it was originally an automatic, had power steering, and had power windows. It looks like a Packard engine is in the car, but he doesn't know if it is the original engine. In the auction listing, he emphatically told people to contact Elaine with any questions as he knew nothing more about the car.

So far, the purchaser hasn't paid the $200 deposit, and Frank hasn't heard from Elaine as to whether the buyer has been in contact with her or not.

Frank's final words were, "don't shoot the messenger!"

Alex

Click image for larger version

Name:	6800125prodord.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1708424

Comment

Thanks Alex. I'm the buyer. I've been trying to get in contact with Elaine even before I bid. I really want the car but don't want a pig-in-a-poke either. I would at least like to know if the car runs. I'm not holding Frank responsible, didn't know him from Adam until now. I at least want to know what I'm buying.

Comment

<snip>I'm the buyer.
                        Congratulations Tim!!! What a great looking California 56J ...at a really great price!!!

Comment

Thanks, really getting anxious to see it now!!

Comment

Thanks Alex. I'm the buyer. I've been trying to get in contact with Elaine even before I bid. I really want the car but don't want a pig-in-a-poke either. I would at least like to know if the car runs. I'm not holding Frank responsible, didn't know him from Adam until now. I at least want to know what I'm buying.
                            If you want to get a ton of information about 1956 Golden Hawks, go to Frank's web site at http://1956goldenhawk.com/
                            Click on OPTIONS and then click on 56J Authenticity Guide (PDF) in the first column. He sells printed copies of this, but offers them for free on the web site.

Comment

Tim,
                              I think you got a good price based on the description and pictures. I would have bid, but I just picked up the one I bought in S.D. in any case, unless you can truly say it was misrepresented, I think you should complete the transaction.
                              78 Avanti RQB 2792
                              64 Avanti R1 R5408
                              63 Avanti R1 R4551
                              63 Avanti R1 R2281
                              62 GT Hawk V15949
                              56 GH 6032504
                              56 GH 6032588
                              55 Speedster 7160047
                              55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Working...
                              X