60 - 64 Champ " Brand X " Hub Caps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 - 64 Champ " Brand X " Hub Caps ?

Any One using Dog Dish Caps other than Originals on a 1/2 Ton Champ. if so, what Make are They? maybe some Pics if any.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Would ANY other make have a fastener pattern wheel that matches the special Studebaker only Spring Clip pattern?

If there were an old Kaiser, Willys or International that matches, I am thinking those would be MUCH harder to find than the correct ones which ARE available.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Have You actually tried doing what You think I'm trying to do - NO! You have any idea what size Cap was used on say a mid 80s S-10 2WD Truck,or GMC Safari Van ? "likely not". I don't know off Hand My self,even though I once owned said S-10 .............. that's the purpose of this post,maybe others have ventured outside the BOX. I have a Champ,and am well aware of SIs repop Caps thanks !
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Would ANY other make have a fastener pattern wheel that matches the special Studebaker only Spring Clip pattern?

If there were an old Kaiser, Willys or International that matches, I am thinking those would be MUCH harder to find than the correct ones which ARE available.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I wonder if some of the generic moon chrome caps that are available might work over the original? I would think if they have a lip similar to the originals they might work.

Comment

Joseph, no one but me knows what I know, certainly not you. So please do not try to second guess peoples' knowledge or lack of it.

Do I have to remind you that; personal attack Posts are not allowed here.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Richard, in no way shape or form is it a Personal attack "You should give that chronic plea a rest already"! and now that You initially got this Thread off Topic,hopefully Some One will come fourth with what I asked for.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

When I wanna find out such stuff I google for example "Dodge dogdisk diameter" or such.
              But I've always had trouble the other way around, that Studebaker caps don't fit on other rims, but if some other brand caps comes close than I'm thinking it might be possible to bend the springy bits a bit... maby?

Comment

I'll throw out the wacky suggestion of checking out horse and stock trailer hubcaps.
                1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Yep, I think you have a much better chance trying RV, Car Haulers, U-Haul, Horse, Utility etc. Trailers just like old Orphan Cars like: Nash, Hudson, Packard, Willys, Kaiser, International etc. than you do the Big Three Cars.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had another wacky idea on the way home from Runza: how about poverty hub caps from later '60s through earlier '80s 3/4 ton pickups? Although it wouldn't surprise me if these were a little too big.
                    Last edited by DougHolverson; 08-10-2016, 07:17 AM.
                    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

There's always the VW hubcap clips that were riveted to the wheels. They can be attached to any wheel at any point so that Stude caps can be used on other wheels and vice versa. Some wheels may need the original hubcap "bumps" ground down or off to clear. Where there's a will, there's a way.
                      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                      1950 Champion Convertible
                      1950 Champion 4Dr
                      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                        There's always the VW hubcap clips that were riveted to the wheels. They can be attached to any wheel at any point so that Stude caps can be used on other wheels and vice versa. Some wheels may need the original hubcap "bumps" ground down or off to clear. Where there's a will, there's a way.
                        If the V W clips don't work or fit, there are clips available from Ford or Chevy restoration sources.
                        youtube has videos showing how to lay out and install clips on steel wheels.
                        South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                        X