PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Lime on other cars

nwi-region-rat
08-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Has anyone seen or have a picture of anything other than the original Speedster painted in that Lemon Lime combo? Kind of think it would look cool on a Truck, or just about any other car....(avanti, daytona?)...

I'd accept a Photoshop one....

StudeRich
08-06-2016, 12:47 AM
There is a beautiful Lemon and Lime sorta Speedster clone, it is on a '55 President Coupe.

I think I saw it in Turning Wheels, somewhere, but I would have no idea what issue.
All I really know for sure is saw it somewhere, and it looked Good and I am certainly NOT a fan of Lemon and Lime !

5brown1
08-06-2016, 06:03 AM
I saw that car at South Bend and actually thought it was a Speedster. Very nice. I spoke with the owner and got the paint codes which I used to paint my Speedster. I couldn't get the same yellow but the green is beautiful and in the sunlight turns gold.

There is a beautiful Lemon and Lime sorta Speedster clone, it is on a '55 President Coupe.

I think I saw it in Turning Wheels, somewhere, but I would have no idea what issue.
All I really know for sure is saw it somewhere, and it looked Good and I am certainly NOT a fan of Lemon and Lime !

8E45E
08-06-2016, 07:26 AM
As far as stock, I've seen late 1970's Ford trucks, and a 1957 Buick Special in a 'lemon & lime' combination.

Craig

rockne10
08-06-2016, 07:37 AM
That President coupe often showed up at York.

Dan Timberlake
08-06-2016, 07:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHR6HkHySWY

tbredehoft
08-06-2016, 07:55 AM
My '55 Land Cruiser (President State Sedan) had replacement rear fenders which were originally lemon/Lime. In other words some sedan had originally been painted those colors.

SN-60
08-06-2016, 07:57 AM
I saw that car at South Bend and actually thought it was a Speedster. Very nice. I spoke with the owner and got the paint codes which I used to paint my Speedster. I couldn't get the same yellow but the green is beautiful and in the sunlight turns gold.

That's definitely true!....Under certain light conditions, the Studebaker factory 'Hialeah Green' color will change from a straight green metallic to a 'goldish-green'!! :ohmy:

PackardV8
08-06-2016, 09:55 AM
A couple of years ago, I rode to the Colorado Springs IM and back in Curt Campbell's lemon/lime Speedster which was on the cover of Turning Wheels a few months ago. Now, I've been driving Studebakers for more than fifty years and am accustomed to getting looks, but none of them ever attracted a fraction of the attention we got in that L/L; it's an eye-magnet and draws comments, photos, thumbs-up, waves and smiles beyond anything else. Curt was driving his gorgeous Avanti in convoy and it was almost invisible to the populace when near the L/L. There are solid colors and two-tones some will argue are more "tasteful", but someone knew what he was doing when he chose L/L to complement all that '55 chrome. A L/L Speedster would definitely be the narcissist's choice.

jack vines

SN-60
08-06-2016, 10:01 AM
A couple of years ago, I rode to the Colorado Springs IM and back in Curt Campbell's lemon/lime Speedster which was on the cover of Turning Wheels a few months ago. Now, I've been driving Studebakers for more than fifty years and am accustomed to getting looks, but none of them ever attracted a fraction of the attention we got in that L/L; it's an eye-magnet and draws comments, photos, thumbs-up, waves and smiles beyond anything else. Curt was driving his gorgeous Avanti in convoy and it was almost invisible to the populace when near the L/L. There are solid colors and two-tones some will argue are more "tasteful", but someone knew what he was doing when he chose L/L to complement all that '55 chrome. A L/L Speedster would definitely be the narcissist's choice.

jack vines

Definitely true!,...Of all the Studes I've owned, none has garnered more 'stares in amazement' from the general public than the Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow President Speedster which I owned and drove years ago!:ohmy: (serial # 7167047)

Hallabutt
08-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately both good and bad responses! It's an in your face thing, few people find it easy to be neutral when it comes to this combination. I like it, but as I have said before, over fifty years of owning these has taught that few women do like the combination. Color is much more a woman's thing, wrong color and most women will never warm up to the car.

SN-60
08-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately both good and bad responses! It's an in your face thing, few people find it easy to be neutral when it comes to this combination. I like it, but as I have said before, over fifty years of owning these has taught that few women do like the combination. Color is much more a woman's thing, wrong color and most women will never warm up to the car.

Agreed, the green/yellow Speedsters make great collector cars, but 'back in the day' it must have been a little difficult driving one on an everyday basis!:eek:

This is why many of the green/yellow President Speedsters which we see at shows today were 'returned' to that color combo, after hiding for many years in more 'sedate' colors.

My green/yellow job, (7167047), spent many, many years painted all black...it was seen at the very first Studebaker International meet in New York in that 'all black' configuration!:ohmy:

(but the blinding 'all yellow' interior always 'gave it away'!;))

Coupe Express
08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
When I restore it it will not be lemon lime

SN-60
08-06-2016, 01:16 PM
I recently saw a photo on the 'net' of a very nice lemon/lime '50 Packard four-door seen which was around the Lambeau Field area of Green Bay, Wisconsin......Perfect setting for green/yellow vehicles really! :!: (actually, green & GOLD!!)

S2Deluxe
08-08-2016, 12:10 PM
It would be appealing, especially if the red wheels were also done in yellow?

When I restore it it will not be lemon lime

Mark

Andy R.
08-08-2016, 04:35 PM
I don't think it works on anything else. Half the joy must be saying, "Yes, they came from the factory like that!"
Otherwise, it's just, "Oh yeah, I like garish color combinations."

One local body man said he'd like to paint my Ermine White GT in that color combination.
I proceeded to suppress said combination from spraying out of my mouth.