1950 Champion Starlight Could be a Good Buy for Someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Starlight Could be a Good Buy for Someone

So far this Starlight Coupe is priced low, and that's probably because the seller doesn't advertise it as such, and the choice of color and upholstery can't help.

It's very green... Kermit-like!
    Richard
    sigpic

Comment

you've heard of RESALE RED?

That car is GET IT GONE GREEN! LMAO

Comment

Gang-green? Bilious green? Bile green? Going-gone-green?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Yep, that is one car that won't get lost in the crowd. Had they left the car alone I'd be temped to bid, but they have added a lot of work to make it correct.

Comment

I kinda like it. In fact, my temptation would be to do some painting on it like the Muppet car and just have fun with it! I'd be grinning like an idiot and thoroughly enjoying every minute with the car just as it is. In fact, I might have a friend make me a Fozzie outfit.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

A bear in his natural habitat... A Studebaker !!!
              Just think how many more bids he would get if the car was a different color scheme ...
              Love my Lark

Comment

Not impressed by the interior color choice either. Must have loved green.

Comment

The dash color appears to be Studebaker's Everglade Green Light. The seller should have put a Red Light Stop on the rest of the colors! However, it runs and if it isn't florescent green painted Bondo it might not be such a bad value. Maybe just have it wrapped and seats and door panels reupholstered and overhaul the entire brake system if the running gear is in order. In any event, it is a Starlight Coupe ! Very interesting proposition.

Comment

Looks like the seller got a decent price for the car.
                    Oh, wouldn't that green look great with a slightly translucent silver wrap?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                    X