valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: valve cover

i saw to day 2 yellow valve covers for the chevy v8 283 engine thay were yellow, was there a change from 65 to the 66 valve covers , i have a 66 , thay are black??? which is right for the 66 ?

The covers started out in 1965 as yellow to make the engine more Studebaker like. At some point, the covers went to black. Off hand, I do not remember when that change was made, but I believe that it was well before the 1966 models.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes all 1966's are Black. Be careful to not damage your 283 Decals, these neat Chrome Vinyl Decals have been available in reproduction for years, but no more... Gone.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thanks gary, & richard, for in put, i think i like the yellow , i think i will see if i can find 2 yellow , give it a little color under there , if i cant find studie ones i will get with some chevy people i know may be thay will have some 283 covers i can re paint , dannyo.

Comment

I think you need the ones from GMC's, Checkers or Jeeps without the embossed "Chevrolet" if you can find them, or why not Studebaker 283's, they should actually be EASIER to find!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I guess i will look on ebay thay might have some or put it on the swap page , later Rich.

Comment

Working...
            X