User Profile ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Profile ???

Why don't people put the town they are from on there profile. A lot of times some one needs a part and it is proably in the barn. But I don't know if it is feasible to ship or not. Just a thought. I know what it is they think I might be driving thru and stop for a cup of coffee.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

What he said.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

What he said.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
      since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Well look at my profile and come my way you might be surprised what you will find and yes, the coffee pot is always on.

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Well look at my profile and come my way you might be surprised what you will find and yes, the coffee pot is always on.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5
            I know what it is they think I might be driving thru and stop for a cup of coffee.
            Could be. [)]. Kind of a pet peeve of mine also. Not everyone even puts their real name in their profile. I'm bad on names to begin with and when it isn't their member name, in their profile, or in their sig, it makes it REAL tough on my pea brain. I've had folks come up to me and introduce themselves with their real name at a meet and I don't have a clue who they are.

I guess some folks like their privacy. They probably aren't listed in the phone book, don't use business cards or checks, don't use a credit card, etc. Just kidding, but it does seem like going to extremes not to list your real name and town here.

The only other reason I can think of for not showing your real name and town is that some folks may not be proud of their posts and don't want their name associated with what they write. Weak.

It would be a lot simpler (at least for me) if I didn't have to remember which screen name went with which real name...'cause I rarely get them right. [^]

(I wonder why this "screen name" thing is so big on this forum and not on some others?)

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I know what it is they think I might be driving thru and stop for a cup of coffee.
              Could be. [)]. Kind of a pet peeve of mine also. Not everyone even puts their real name in their profile. I'm bad on names to begin with and when it isn't their member name, in their profile, or in their sig, it makes it REAL tough on my pea brain. I've had folks come up to me and introduce themselves with their real name at a meet and I don't have a clue who they are.

I guess some folks like their privacy. They probably aren't listed in the phone book, don't use business cards or checks, don't use a credit card, etc. Just kidding, but it does seem like going to extremes not to list your real name and town here.

The only other reason I can think of for not showing your real name and town is that some folks may not be proud of their posts and don't want their name associated with what they write. Weak.

It would be a lot simpler (at least for me) if I didn't have to remember which screen name went with which real name...'cause I rarely get them right. [^]

(I wonder why this "screen name" thing is so big on this forum and not on some others?)

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, I bet Bob Shaw could enlighten you as to the screen name issue. I use the same creen name on any site I am associated with so if you see it you know it is me. Also like you it is easier to remember it. It is also nice to know where people are but many on here will never tell you. Kind of crazy but everybody has their reasons.

Comment

Dick, I bet Bob Shaw could enlighten you as to the screen name issue. I use the same creen name on any site I am associated with so if you see it you know it is me. Also like you it is easier to remember it. It is also nice to know where people are but many on here will never tell you. Kind of crazy but everybody has their reasons.

Comment

I cant remember if I put my hometown on my profile, but privacy is a concern. The thing about the web is, whatever you put on it stays somewhere on it forever. And you know there are people out there gathering personal information for devious reasons.
                    IE the more personal info you put up, the easier it is for ID thieves etc. You cant be paranoid about it, but be careful of what you post.

3E38
                    4E2
                    4E28
                    5E13
                    7E7
                    8E7
                    8E12
                    8E28

59 Lark
                    etc

Comment

I cant remember if I put my hometown on my profile, but privacy is a concern. The thing about the web is, whatever you put on it stays somewhere on it forever. And you know there are people out there gathering personal information for devious reasons.
                      IE the more personal info you put up, the easier it is for ID thieves etc. You cant be paranoid about it, but be careful of what you post.

3E38
                      4E2
                      4E28
                      5E13
                      7E7
                      8E7
                      8E12
                      8E28

59 Lark
                      etc

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Good post, Dick. Well said. [8D] BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Good post, Dick. Well said. [8D] BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well ........Mine is there .......and on my signature....Anybody gets in my area .....come on down ..You're always welcome !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                            Lewisville,NC

Comment

Well ........Mine is there .......and on my signature....Anybody gets in my area .....come on down ..You're always welcome !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                              Lewisville,NC

Comment

Working...
                              X