Laurentine Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurentine Green

This was discussed in an earlier thread, but I have not been able to find any formulas or even a paint chart with the Laurentine Green on it. I was informed on the earlier thread that is is a Canadian color. Can anybody help me find any information on this paint color? Thanks.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser

My Cruiser was originally Laurentine Green!!! The first time my brother (HotWheels63R2) painted 'Sweet Pea' he got the color pretty darn close. I'm sorry to say, but I seem to remember it being a '70s Toyota color. [:0] [xx(] [V]
    Recently I've seen some new Fords running around in a color that looks like a pretty close match. There is still some of the '65 paint left in one (or more) of my door jambs, maybe I can do something about getting you a match [?] [?] [?]

This last time around the color he got has a touch more silver in it. You can see a link to a picture of her on the Member's Photo page~ look on page 'two'...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

My Cruiser was originally Laurentine Green!!! The first time my brother (HotWheels63R2) painted 'Sweet Pea' he got the color pretty darn close. I'm sorry to say, but I seem to remember it being a '70s Toyota color. [:0] [xx(] [V]
      Recently I've seen some new Fords running around in a color that looks like a pretty close match. There is still some of the '65 paint left in one (or more) of my door jambs, maybe I can do something about getting you a match [?] [?] [?]

This last time around the color he got has a touch more silver in it. You can see a link to a picture of her on the Member's Photo page~ look on page 'two'...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        Thanks for the help. I'll take a look at the members's photo page.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          Thanks for the help. I'll take a look at the members's photo page.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser

Comment

Indeed that is the color!

I noticed that you don't have factory mounted mirrors on Sweet Pea. My cruiser has never had outside mirrors and I really did not want to drill holes in her. I was thinking about using the type of mirror I see on your car. I just didn't know how it would look and I see that it looks just fine. Thanks a lot.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

Indeed that is the color!

I noticed that you don't have factory mounted mirrors on Sweet Pea. My cruiser has never had outside mirrors and I really did not want to drill holes in her. I was thinking about using the type of mirror I see on your car. I just didn't know how it would look and I see that it looks just fine. Thanks a lot.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
              X