TW articles for 1954

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW articles for 1954

Is August 1986 the only issue that features the 1954 cars? Was there another issue that had details on 2 and 4 door sedans covering that year? Thanks. I don't have the 1986 issue (how many current members do?). Do you realize that article was printed 30 years ago!?
    Last edited by Scott; 07-26-2016, 11:30 AM.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Nobody has an answer to my first question??
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Anyone who has recent index should be able to tell which issue it would be in - the online Turning Wheels index seems to only go up to 2000 - unless a sedan article has never been written, which is hard to believe.

Good luck

Comment

I have many back issues available of the "Turning Wheels" and "Antique Studebaker Review"for a $15.00 donation to the Studebaker museum.
        Have volunteers helping sort and listing these.
        Postage paid.
        Robert Kapteyn
        studebaker@mac.com

Comment

I started to answer you yesterday, but stopped when I realized you are mainly interested in sedan models. Sorry, I know of no other feature articles dedicated to 2 and 4-door sedans.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Do you realize that article was printed 30 years ago!?
            Yep!

Mine arrived the day I left to attend this: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...o-This-Weekend

Craig

Comment

Scott, are you buying a 54 sedan? I still have my 54 wagon and love it.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Is August 1986 the only issue that features the 1954 cars? Was there another issue that had details on 2 and 4 door sedans covering that year? Thanks. I don't have the 1986 issue (how many current members do?). Do you realize that article was printed 30 years ago!?
                Answers to your questions -
                1 & 2) I don't know.
                3) I and MANY others.
                4) Yes.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  Scott, are you buying a 54 sedan? I still have my 54 wagon and love it.
                  I'm considering a 54 2 door sedan champion custom trim. Bare bones, but it looks solid and is complete and running. And it's under $2000. I don't need another Studebaker, but you know how that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  Yep!

Mine arrived the day I left to attend this: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...o-This-Weekend

Craig
                  The hilarious thing is that the new cars in your photo are now also considered vintage!!!

Comment

I'm considering a 54 2 door sedan champion custom trim. Bare bones, but it looks solid and is complete and running. And it's under $2000. I don't need another Studebaker, but you know how that goes.
                    I love those stripped down models. Both of my 51's are custom series.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X