Studebaker Power Tour 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Power Tour 2017

I'm planning to drive my Studebaker to South Bend for the International Meet next year. I will be starting out around the Sacramento area in California and plan to get to South Bend mid day on May 3rd. Steve Welsh in Minnesota has expressed an interest in joining in for the remainder of the trip. He will be talking with his club to see how many he can muster.

My plan is a continuation of my goal of driving my Studebaker through all 49 states. Hopefully I will reach approximately 25 states when I complete this trip. I plan to drive through Nevada and head up to Idaho around Twin Falls or Pocatello. From there I would like to head up to Montana, then to North Dakota, South Dakota (Mount Rushmore) then across Minnesota to meet up with Steve and however many he can get to join. From there we plan to take a river cruise down the Mississippi through Wisconsin and cross Illinois on I 80 and on in to South Bend.

If you would like to join up, let me know. The more the merrier. I plan to drive back a more direct route that takes me through Colorado.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Sounds like a great trip! Going across Montana and the Dakotas in April could be risky for snow. I am actually planning a similar trip (not in my Studebaker) as far as Western Minnesota, but going through Jackson Hole to see the Grand Tetons then up into Yellowstone. But my plan is for later in the year.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
      Going across Montana and the Dakotas in April could be risky for snow.
      Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick the dates. I'll be watching the weather like a hawk. I was hoping to pick up other Stude drivers in those states that are familiar with the roads. I can always catch Montana and the Dakotas on a later trip if the weather is bad. I plan to drive back to the East Coast eventually and I will have to drive through the big western states more than once. I had to skip San Bernardino on the last trip. I can be flexible. Sure you don't want to go....?
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
      X