PART NUMBER IDENTIFICATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PART NUMBER IDENTIFICATION

Is there a good source online for Studebaker part numbers and the applications they fit ?
    I often see item on EBAY that seem to be compatible with my car
    When I have found the same part number on vendors sites , they often do not say what cars they fit. Most times it shows the same part and part number but doesn't identify what the applications are

Rick

Chassis parts manual and Body parts manual for your car has the parts #'s for the associated application.

Las Vegas, NV
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Chassis parts manual and Body parts manual for your car has the parts #'s for the associated application.

Las Vegas, NV
      '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

What Paul said is right on, there are pictures with generic part picture identification numbers, which are then looked up in the part number listings by model and year to obtain the correct Studebaker Part Number.

The Car books are called Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog and Studebaker Body Parts Catalog, for several different ranges of years. Most Studebaker vendors on studebakervendors.com webpage have these in paper or CD Disc form.

Trucks only have one Chassis/Body combined book.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What Paul said is right on, there are pictures with generic part picture identification numbers, which are then looked up in the part number listings by model and year to obtain the correct Studebaker Part Number.

The Car books are called Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog and Studebaker Body Parts Catalog, for several different ranges of years. Most Studebaker vendors on studebakervendors.com webpage have these in paper or CD Disc form.

Trucks only have one Chassis/Body combined book.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rick,

Welcome to the Forum.

As has been indicated, there is no online source. A CD-ROM version for your particular vehicle costs between $20 and $25 and would also supply you with the shop manual and perhaps even the owner's manual.

While eBay may be a viable source for parts, you will most likely pay more for your parts than you would by contacting the many vendors who cater to us through their ads in TURNING WHEELS. I hope you have joined the SDC and are receiving this GREAT monthly publication.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Rick,

Welcome to the Forum.

As has been indicated, there is no online source. A CD-ROM version for your particular vehicle costs between $20 and $25 and would also supply you with the shop manual and perhaps even the owner's manual.

While eBay may be a viable source for parts, you will most likely pay more for your parts than you would by contacting the many vendors who cater to us through their ads in TURNING WHEELS. I hope you have joined the SDC and are receiving this GREAT monthly publication.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Rick, lots of good advice here (as you have already been exposed to).[8D]

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Rick, lots of good advice here (as you have already been exposed to).[8D]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

'while ebay may be a viable source for parts' : a Studebaker throttle boot recently sold on ebay for $50.00. Studebaker International has them,$6.95.
                    This is just one recent example,but I've often seen higher prices on ebay for our 'rare' or 'hard to find' parts than you can buy them for from our vendors.

LaSalle,Il
                    61Hawk
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

'while ebay may be a viable source for parts' : a Studebaker throttle boot recently sold on ebay for $50.00. Studebaker International has them,$6.95.
                      This is just one recent example,but I've often seen higher prices on ebay for our 'rare' or 'hard to find' parts than you can buy them for from our vendors.

LaSalle,Il
                      61Hawk
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Rick, Welcome to forum. Many posts in front of mine are from some of the sages of Studedom. If you are a serious Stude guy and you seem to be adhere to their advice and purchase all of the appropriate manuals for your car/truck. I have at least two sets for each type of vehicle I own. One to use and one for my literature collection. Yes, I know I'm sort of weird in this respect. Ask questions here and someone will surely be able to answer it.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Rick, Welcome to forum. Many posts in front of mine are from some of the sages of Studedom. If you are a serious Stude guy and you seem to be adhere to their advice and purchase all of the appropriate manuals for your car/truck. I have at least two sets for each type of vehicle I own. One to use and one for my literature collection. Yes, I know I'm sort of weird in this respect. Ask questions here and someone will surely be able to answer it.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Hey there Rick!
                            If you mean a cross reference from Stude factory part numbers to aftermarket brand part numbers (such as NAPA),
                            there are several forum members that have compiled lists and keep them on their websites...
                            (Nate Nagel comes to mind)..Perhaps they will read this and chime in.
                            Another thing you should do is use your local SDC chapter to take advantage of local knowledge.
                            I see from your spartan profile that you are south of Wilmington, NC.
                            That chapter has some real good guys that do a lot of work and may be able to help you out.
                            You should at least put your Stude in the profile so we know what kind of Stude you have.
                            We are here to help you. You don't have to hide.
                            Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the Stude world!
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by RICKJ

Is there a good source online for Studebaker part numbers and the applications they fit ?
                            When I have found the same part number on vendors sites , they often do not say what cars they fit. Most times it shows the same part and part number but doesn't identify what the applications are
                            Rick
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hey there Rick!
                              If you mean a cross reference from Stude factory part numbers to aftermarket brand part numbers (such as NAPA),
                              there are several forum members that have compiled lists and keep them on their websites...
                              (Nate Nagel comes to mind)..Perhaps they will read this and chime in.
                              Another thing you should do is use your local SDC chapter to take advantage of local knowledge.
                              I see from your spartan profile that you are south of Wilmington, NC.
                              That chapter has some real good guys that do a lot of work and may be able to help you out.
                              You should at least put your Stude in the profile so we know what kind of Stude you have.
                              We are here to help you. You don't have to hide.
                              Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the Stude world!
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by RICKJ

Rick
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X