Recent Passing and Parts Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Passing and Parts Offer

This never seems to get any easier but my father recently passed away. He was an active seller of Studebaker parts. In the next several months I will be posting parts as I come across them. I will try to get these parts over here first before I post them on eBay. My father would have wanted these parts to go someone who is in the process of restoring a vehicle, so I will give that person first priority regardless of who chimed in first. This is in earnest effort to encourage younger and older members to restore their Studebaker's and get them on the road as opposed to stock-piling the parts for a "maybe restoration" (don't read into that comment too much, that is not the point of this post). All things Studebaker were one of my Dad's favorite hobbies, he will be sorely missed. My dad collected many parts ranging mainly during the postwar years (fenders, truck parts, fasteners, chrome, etc.). There is too much to wrap my head around for the moment as I have not been out to the house since his passing.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

I am really sorry for your loss. Thanks for carrying out your Dad's wishes.
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

Comment

My thoughts are with you.
      My son will be in your position some day.
      I bought 29 Studebaker inventories over the years to prevent them from being scrapped and keep them available.
      He has a mild interest in Studebakers but is a computer expert.
      I will be turning 80 this October and am having health problems.
      I am not sure if I met your Dad in the 48 years that I have been a member of the SDC.
      You are welcome to contact me regarding applications and value of parts.
      Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Brian, there are many of us here in the Northwest; Oregon and Washington that can help with the parts application etc.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am sorry for your loss...

An inventory of parts might be the simplest way to "move" them and perhaps one of the parts vendors here could acquire the whole lot and sell them in an organized fashion which might be the best way for you to ease your task.

Good Luck and keep us informed..

Comment

Brian, I can relate to Your position/Feelings for Your Loss. I have to say I admire Your "Buy what You can apply to Your Car/truck" approach - very fair method !
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

MY thoughts and prayers are with you. I had to do this same thing back in 1995. It took me about five years. Best of luck. I will be watching for parts for my car as you post.

Comment

I too extend sympathies to you and your family.
                Mark

Comment

Ditto on the prayers and sympathies for you and yours.
                  sals54

Comment

Condolences on your father's passing. It sounds like you were pretty close. I'm going to go through it too, someday. Not soon, I hope. I've sent you a PM.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad Brian. Thank you for looking to get all those parts a home. Do keep an eye on his place though. Likely the neighbors know he's gone and have mentioned it to friends, etc. You don't want freeloaders loading up at your expense. May our gracious Lord uphold and support you in the coming weeks.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                      X