PDA

View Full Version : 29 studebaker motor home

t walgamuth
07-10-2016, 07:27 AM
owned by harvey firestone. I saw a thread about it here but cannot find it. It sold for $70,000.

Cool!

8E45E
07-10-2016, 08:24 AM
This one?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?80846-For-Sale-%28again%29-Studebaker-House-Car-%284-29-2014%29&highlight=house+car

Craig

64V-K7
07-10-2016, 08:42 AM
There are more pics here...

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Archive/Cars/1929/29hc/1929hc.html

jclary
07-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Let's see now...as a matter of perspective...like a lot of historical "shipwrecks"(The Studebaker Corp.)...there's "debris fields"...and there's "artifacts." Through the years, this is one of those items that seems to get tossed in one pile, or the other, from time to time. It is not alone, as other items float to the surface, rise in value, tossed about in renewed consciousness, only to settle back into obscurity, until a new group of scavengers, stumble upon the remains. Then, the cycle repeats.

Perhaps, we should combine these items. Perhaps, take this early motorhome, throw in a Granatelli engine, and a few R3 components. What other items, can you think of, that keep resurfacing, fact, or lore...that seem to wander... between curious artifact, or overvalued debris, lingering in danger of being lost to the ages.:(

DougHolverson
07-10-2016, 09:25 AM
I dig the "Addams Family Vacation" vibe of this thing.

8E45E
07-10-2016, 09:44 AM
Perhaps, we should combine these items. Perhaps, take this early motorhome, throw in a Granatelli engine, and a few R3 components. What other items, can you think of, that keep resurfacing, fact, or lore...that seem to wander... between curious artifact, or overvalued debris, lingering in danger of being lost to the ages.:(

All I can think of is what its going to cost you to combine them all.

What will you have to show for something in the six-figure range??

Craig

garyash
07-10-2016, 08:35 PM
During the recent meet in Warwick, RI, the ASC group toured down to Dick Shappy's house and car/motorcycle collection. Tom LaFerriere was there with a 1912 Studebaker/EMF touring car. Tom, a dealer in antique cars, had listed the motor home on his web site for some months. I asked him about the fate of the vehicle, and he said that the owner had insisted on the $165,000 asking price. Tom did produce an offer just over $100,000 but the owner didn't accept it and put the car up for auction. Apparently he didn't have a high reserve, if any, and took the $70,000 bid.

It is one extremely cool vehicle. Time, space, and cash flow seem to limit our ability to grab these interesting cars. I had visions of driving it cross-country while towing my Indy car replica to meets in the middle of the U.S. and the west coast - and I don't even do any hallucinogenic drugs.

jeds55
07-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Saw this at The Gilmore Museum a few weeks back...