29 studebaker motor home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 studebaker motor home

owned by harvey firestone. I saw a thread about it here but cannot find it. It sold for $70,000.

Cool!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

This one?

Craig

Comment

There are more pics here...

64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Let's see now...as a matter of perspective...like a lot of historical "shipwrecks"(The Studebaker Corp.)...there's "debris fields"...and there's "artifacts." Through the years, this is one of those items that seems to get tossed in one pile, or the other, from time to time. It is not alone, as other items float to the surface, rise in value, tossed about in renewed consciousness, only to settle back into obscurity, until a new group of scavengers, stumble upon the remains. Then, the cycle repeats.

Perhaps, we should combine these items. Perhaps, take this early motorhome, throw in a Granatelli engine, and a few R3 components. What other items, can you think of, that keep resurfacing, fact, or lore...that seem to wander... between curious artifact, or overvalued debris, lingering in danger of being lost to the ages.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I dig the "Addams Family Vacation" vibe of this thing.
          1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
          1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
          1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
          1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
          1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Perhaps, we should combine these items. Perhaps, take this early motorhome, throw in a Granatelli engine, and a few R3 components. What other items, can you think of, that keep resurfacing, fact, or lore...that seem to wander... between curious artifact, or overvalued debris, lingering in danger of being lost to the ages.
            All I can think of is what its going to cost you to combine them all.

What will you have to show for something in the six-figure range??

Craig

Comment

During the recent meet in Warwick, RI, the ASC group toured down to Dick Shappy's house and car/motorcycle collection. Tom LaFerriere was there with a 1912 Studebaker/EMF touring car. Tom, a dealer in antique cars, had listed the motor home on his web site for some months. I asked him about the fate of the vehicle, and he said that the owner had insisted on the $165,000 asking price. Tom did produce an offer just over $100,000 but the owner didn't accept it and put the car up for auction. Apparently he didn't have a high reserve, if any, and took the $70,000 bid.

It is one extremely cool vehicle. Time, space, and cash flow seem to limit our ability to grab these interesting cars. I had visions of driving it cross-country while towing my Indy car replica to meets in the middle of the U.S. and the west coast - and I don't even do any hallucinogenic drugs.
              Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
              ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard
              web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Another House-Car

Saw this at The Gilmore Museum a few weeks back...
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X