Mercedes and studebaker 1958 proving ground photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes and studebaker 1958 proving ground photos

I am doing a presentation on the Studebaker and Mercedes relationship starting in 1958. Dealers were invited to the Proving Grounds for rides in the Mercedes car models.
    I was 15 at the time and my dad being a Studebaker dealer took me to the Drive Away and I was lucky to ride in a Mercedes 300 SL around the track

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY PHOTOS FROM THIS EVENT YOU MAY HAVE AND WOULD WELCOME ADDITONAL PHOTOS OF MERCEDES AND STUDEBAKERS

thanks for your help , Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Lucky Dude! That would have to be exciting!
    Almost as Cool as the Avanti Air Lift presentation I was fortunate enough to be at, in the Burbank, CA Airport.

I hope you can find some documentation and good Photos, Richard Quinn are you listening?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Lucky Dude! That would have to be exciting!
      Almost as Cool as the Avanti Air Lift presentation I was fortunate enough to be at, in the Burbank, CA Airport.

I hope you can find some documentation and good Photos, Richard Quinn are you listening?
      Barely but I do have photos of the event.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Joe, sent you a PM.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Joe, you may want to add some Packard pics in there, too. The Packard club is coming now! This thing is getting huge.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
            Joe, you may want to add some Packard pics in there, too. The Packard club is coming now! This thing is getting huge.
            WHAT Event? When, Where? There is no mention here of any EVENT.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nope, you are correct Rich, at least as far as this thread goes. But those in North Carolina in the know are aware that Joe is doing his presentation (mentioned in post #1) on November 5th in Raleigh NC. There is some info at the NCSDC facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/NCSDC
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I'll be posting an announcement thread with details shortly!
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Joe: I called a KHS friend I had not seen since the early fifties. He worked for the Mercedes-Studebaker program for four years. Some time in South Bend, but mostly in the DC/MD area as a manager. I was quite sure he went with them after college and the military and called him in Indiana to verify it.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                  X