View Full Version : gas tank sending unit

07-08-2016, 10:23 AM
I have a 1964 cruiser that the gas tank sending unit isn't working properly. Looking for an alternative or replacement part. any help? On another note, as I was looking for the fuse box. Couldn't find it ...any thoughts? Bll, Minot, ND lannersbill@gmail.com

T.J. lavallee
07-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Studebaker International has sending units and gasket. (part #1549575) I don't believe the car has a fuse block but I'm not familiar with the electrics on a 64'. On my 59', 60' and 61'' Lark each function has it's own fuse. Headlight, wiper, heater fan, etcetera , has a fuse in it's respective switch. Others on this forum with knowledge about your car can chime in.

07-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Most 50's and '60's Cars do not have a Fuse Block or Box, a '64 Stude. does not. Which Circuit were you looking for the fuse on?

The Headlight Circuit has a Circuit Breaker clipped onto the bottom rail of the dash support near the steering column.
The only electric Gauges; Fuel and Temp. have no Fuse there really is no "Power" in their resistance circuit to their senders.

The Turn Signals and Stop Lights/Dome Light, do have a small insulator board fuse panel under the dash with the T/S Flasher Unit with 2 Glass Fuses.

Post War Studebaker Parts are not hard to find at all if you are a Member of SDC and receiving our Monthly Publication "Turning Wheels" and know about the Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com