No announcement yet.

Does anyone know who owns this Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know who owns this Daytona?

I found this image on Google images. While obviously not originally correct, I like the re-work of the front bumper. I can only assume the rear was done in a similar fashion. Wondering if those bumpers were custom-made or off something else that fit. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker_Daytona_Convertible_(Orange_Julep_'10).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1751311
    David Daoust
    Stratham, NH
    '64 Daytona convertible

Looks to me that the front bumper has been removed and a grille of sorts added to the lower opening. What you see is what resides under the bumper.

Comment

I had that in mind when my car was in the paint shop...I filled the seams and asked the painter to be extra careful when blowing on the paint in that area..

Comment

Whoever did it, it looks SHARP!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

black on black in the summertime......HOT !!

Comment

I believe that photo was taken in Quebec. Possibly at the big meet held in Granby each year.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              I believe that photo was taken in Quebec. Possibly at the big meet held in Granby each year.

Craig
              Now if someone in Quebec could go to the Granby meet and see if it's there, they could get the serial number for us. The car certainly belongs in the Registry.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I believe the car is from the Sherbrooke or Lac Megantic area of Québec, however I have not been able to find anything more about it.
                Bill Jarvis

Comment

I'll add my opinion too. I think it's stunning, especially with those wheels !!
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                    Now if someone in Quebec could go to the Granby meet and see if it's there, they could get the serial number for us. The car certainly belongs in the Registry.

Stu Chapman

Here is a link that might help. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...dis_%2710).jpg As the mentioned in post #6 it was definitely at a Canadian car show: 1964 Studebaker Daytona photographed in Laval, Quebec, Canada at Les chauds vendredis 2010.

It seems to me that looking at images on google, yahoo, flicker, etc might be a good way to round up a few more for the registry.

Stu: Sorry I missed you in Warwick.
                    David Daoust
                    Stratham, NH
                    '64 Daytona convertible

Comment

Originally posted by David Daoust View Post
                      It seems to me that looking at images on google, yahoo, flicker, etc might be a good way to round up a few more for the registry.
                      I did that in Post #326, and that car shows up on one of the links: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Registry/page9

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by David Daoust View Post
                        Here is a link that might help. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...dis_%2710).jpg As the mentioned in post #6 it was definitely at a Canadian car show: 1964 Studebaker Daytona photographed in Laval, Quebec, Canada at Les chauds vendredis 2010.

Stu: Sorry I missed you in Warwick.
                        I followed that link and found the car under discussion. The photographer is indicated as "Bull-Doser" and has been suspended by Wikipedia. So that possible connection is now not possible.

Re Warwick, we spent much of our time assisting at the Studebaker National Museum table and left for home about 11am on the Thursday. Did get a chance to see the Concours though. As a result we didn't talk to as many SDCers as we would have liked.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
                          Looks to me that the front bumper has been removed and a grille of sorts added to the lower opening. What you see is what resides under the bumper.
                          Yes, the '64-'66 Lark types do look good with the front bumper removed, exposing that nicely integrated factory 'rolled pan'.
                          Downside is that the unprotected frontend sheet-metal does not at all make for a good bumper, as even a light parking tap will easily buckle the front fenders and cram them into the doors.
                          Of course that _does_ have the advantage of making those so body damaged vehicles all so much more affordable to CASO's such as myself. with a dozen extra fenders, pans, hoods and grilles stashed.

Comment

I know this thread is a bit old but I will revive it with my two cents. The name of the picture is Studebaker_Daytona_Convertible_(Orange_Julep_'10).jpg. Now, being from the Montreal area, I can tell you that the Orange Julep is a restaurant dating from the 50' or 60' where people with old cars gather during the summer time. Here's an article about that: http://thechronicleherald.ca/travel/...lep-restaurant. I've been there a few times with some of my old vws. Fun atmosphere. Most probably, people are nostalgic of the good ole time when pretty girls on roller skates would take your order of a burger and a milkshake or orange julius. You can still get both but no more roller skate girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                              I followed that link and found the car under discussion. The photographer is indicated as "Bull-Doser" and has been suspended by Wikipedia. So that possible connection is now not possible.

Re Warwick, we spent much of our time assisting at the Studebaker National Museum table and left for home about 11am on the Thursday. Did get a chance to see the Concours though. As a result we didn't talk to as many SDCers as we would have liked.

Stu Chapman
                              I live in Laval and on fridays, during summertime, you have old car meets in a shopping mall parking. A few weeks ago, people started to gather in the parking lot of Centre Laval. I know that the picture probably dates back from 2010, and so does the one taken at Orange Julep, but I'll drop by to see if that Daytona is there or inquire about it. Maybe someone knows something.

Comment

Working...
                              X