PDA

View Full Version : Eldebrock/Carter AFB

altair
07-04-2016, 03:15 PM
I have a 65 year old Carter AFB I picked up at a swap meet for $20 I had it ultrasonic cleaned and it looks like new. The other day I was at a show and shine and there was two big engines with dual four barrel Eldebrocks. With a close look the new Eldebrocks are exactly the same as my $20, 65 year old Carter AFB. I think I will get an Eldebrock sticker and put it on the side and then it will be worth $400.

karterfred88
07-04-2016, 03:50 PM
I have a 65 year old Carter AFB I picked up at a swap meet for $20 I had it ultrasonic cleaned and it looks like new. The other day I was at a show and shine and there was two big engines with dual four barrel Eldebrocks. With a close look the new Eldebrocks are exactly the same as my $20, 65 year old Carter AFB. I think I will get an Eldebrock sticker and put it on the side and then it will be worth $400.
They are "similar" but not exactly the same. The top cover is designed for a larger diameter air cleaner, choke assembly works differently and some others. They will bolt on where an AFB will. I have seen some one cheat the other way, riveting a "R2 sealed carb "plate to the front of the Edelbrock-surprise the bonnet doesn't fit!!