PDA

View Full Version : 56 J Dash engine machine

gmannix
07-03-2016, 11:20 AM
My 56 J dash engine machine is in great condition until you get to glove box and at that point it had some scratches that I was able to buff out and actually looked better but does not look up to par with the rest of the dash engine machine. Is there anyone that carry NOS or someone that reconditions them.

41 Frank
07-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Check with Southeast Studebaker. He has reproduced some C-K dash overlays. Saw them at the Warwick meet. www.southeaststudebaker.com Rene Harger.

56Golden
07-03-2016, 11:44 AM
My 56 J dash engine machine is in great condition until you get to glove box and at that point it had some scratches that I was able to buff out and actually looked better but does not look up to par with the rest of the dash engine machine. Is there anyone that carry NOS or someone that reconditions them.

Sorry, don't know of any NOS '56 Hawk glove box doors. FWIW; I looked for a NOS around 20 years, and finally settled for a #1 condition used one on eBay for a little over $200 ...and that was about 15 years ago! Should be a 'great seller' for anyone having the glove box door overlay re-produced.

wdills
07-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Rene at southeast is having a replacement made (I have them in my Hawk) but they are not the original style so they would not match up well if you only wanted to replace the glove box piece. The ones Rene is making don't have the bead around the edge but if you replace both pieces they look great.

gmannix
07-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info. He did my carpet and was great to deal with and had a great conversation about cars. I will give him a call.

jclary
07-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Rene at southeast is having a replacement made (I have them in my Hawk) but they are not the original style so they would not match up well if you only wanted to replace the glove box piece. The ones Rene is making don't have the bead around the edge but if you replace both pieces they look great.

Just a thought...but if you were to lay the replacement over the top of the old, cut to fit within the borders of the bead along the edge, it just might be hard to notice by all but the most anal among us:!:;).