PDA

View Full Version : Power Hawk on eBay...

GrumpyOne
07-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Not mine but fully optioned if all from the factory would place it into the rare category...

RadioRoy
07-01-2016, 02:03 PM
What is the link, please?

56GH
07-01-2016, 02:10 PM
What is the link, please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-Power-Hawk-Comander-Series-259-Power-Hawk-Comander-Series-259-/231994668773?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3603f5b6e5:g:QPcAAOSwkl5XcwZW&item=231994668773

PackardV8
07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Fantastic car and maybe the best possible driver of the '56 Hawks. Just me, but I'd have stayed with the overdrive.

The tachometer and vacuum gauge are not on the factory build sheet, but valuable additions. Were they ever available options in ''56 on the Power Hawk?

Also, the high compression heads option is something rarely seen. The buyer knew his Studes.

jack vines

StudeRich
07-01-2016, 03:42 PM
It is a really bad mistake on a '56 Flight or Power Hawk to fail to order the Deluxe Steering Wheel and Padded Dash Option Standard on the other Hawks, the knowledgeable Dealers knew NOT to do that. :(

It is too bad those were not included in the Low level C3 Trim Package that was the only one available on on these Cars.

I really am surprised though that with all the very rare options, these were forgotten on this very nice Hawk, as they just look Cheap like they belong on a Scotsman. :(

r1lark
07-01-2016, 05:19 PM
OK, so I'll say something positive about this car ;). Love the options -- the 'Hi Power Kit', the power windows, and the Sunglow Yellow color!

The Body Copy of the Production Order says "TAG E BLICKENSDERFER". Anyone have an idea who that was?

StudeRich
07-01-2016, 06:01 PM
OK, so I'll say something positive about this car ;). Love the options -- the 'Hi Power Kit', the power windows, and the Sunglow Yellow color!

The Body Copy of the Production Order says "TAG E BLICKENSDERFER". Anyone have an idea who that was?

That is exactly what I wondered, but after looking at the Sales Invoice, it is clear that it was an Ordered Car, ordered by Mr. Edward C. Blickensderfer who must have had an alias to simplify his long Name. :ohmy:

AND, he may have been an Employee or related to one, which explains how he knew what very few knew, about how to get a Higher compression Engine and more than the Factory rated H.P. by ordering different Heads, making it as good or better than a '57 Commander 259, which had .50 more Compression with the New, not yet available, Thin Steel Shim, embossed Head Gaskets.

OR, a little more sleuthing discovers that, in those days to belong to a Federally Chartered Credit Union you did have to work in the Industry it served, so he WAS a Employee of the Cleveland Graphite & Bronze Co. (Foundry) and probably an Engineer.

r1lark
07-01-2016, 09:06 PM
That is exactly what I wondered, but after looking at the Sales Invoice, it is clear that it was an Ordered Car, ordered by Mr. Edward C. Blickensderfer who must have had an alias to simplify his long Name. :ohmy:

Ah, yes - I see that now. Good eyes Rich!

GrumpyOne
07-01-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm afraid that my Power Hawk is of the plain Jane variety 3 speed OD but the previous owner had a vacuum gage and tach installed by a dealer. The tach went belly up years ago so it was replaced with a clock which still works. He also had dual exhausts and WCFB installed which is not currently on the car.

I OTOH installed a rear swaybar from a prez sedan and heavier front bar and what a difference in handling!

Mark L
07-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Is the "P LIFT" streamer by the body tag for the power windows?

StudeRich
07-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Yes it is. P Lift = "Power Window Lifts".

This is a really Beautiful car. For the Record, here is how it looks:
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55977&d=1467611659&thumb=1 (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55977&d=1467611659)