PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Golden Hawk color ??

mike super
06-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Have a few pieces to bolt on yet but wanted to post two shots I took when I brought her home the other day. Is unreal what the camera interprets, as the sun is in the background vs the foreground !! All I can say is the color exceeded all expectations, even if I personally cannot classify or quantify it. I have a complete set of brand new wheel vintique 15 x 6 's and perfect set of turbine hub caps...I would sell since I chose the wires.

SN-60
06-27-2016, 05:45 PM
That color is SPECTACULAR...and the wide over-the-roof stainless band will make this Hawk look even nicer!! :)

Good play leaving off the lower aluminum side mouldings! :!:

56Golden
06-27-2016, 06:51 PM
THAT's AMAZING!!! Now I forgot ...is this 56J YOURS or HERS???

Mike, have you still got the parts to the original hardboard headliner set-up? If yes, please PM me.

mike super
06-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Aluminum side moldings look cheap. The band will make it even better. The stainless really sets off the color or vice verca. Sorry no headliner. And ....EVERYTHING is hers !!!!
The second hawk will be same color with different color leather interior. Keep one... sell the other when the second is complete. One is LS1 other will be small block with atomic EFI and 4L60 E.

StudeRich
06-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Very Nice Color, on a bright but clouded Day, is the only time you can tell a Car's True Color, but in the Sun which adds a little more Red, you can tell it is between a Candy Apple Red and a light Maroon, Nice! :!: