Help to ID 51 Commander Armrests and Visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to ID 51 Commander Armrests and Visors

OK, I need help in getting the correct Armrests and visors for my 51 Starlight State Commander Coupe. I have shown pictures of what is for sale but you guys have given different ideas of whether they are correct. Could someone with this type of car please post an up-close pic of your interior with the correct handles, armrests and visors? I am trying to take the car back to original. Any help would be great. I want to complete this correctly.
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Your headliner should be taupe broadcloth. Click image for larger version

Name:	P6260298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1707480

While your door and rear quarter trim panels were gray. Click image for larger version

Name:	P6260297.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1707481

The vinyl I used is correctly positioned but is not the correct color or texture. The original was a bluish-gray sort of basket weave texture.Click image for larger version

Name:	P6260292.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1707482 Perhaps someone can post an example of the original. The armrests were used on all door armrests of all Studebaker models but some were upholstered and some were not. The Commander State Starlight always had upholstered armrests; again, with gray broadcloth and the basket-weave vinyl.

With the taupe headliner the visors were a chocolate brown. If you have the masonite cores they can be recovered. Click image for larger version

Name:	P6260291.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1707483

The back seat armrest/storage compartments, as well as the welt on the seat seams would have been in the gray basket-weave vinyl as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	P6260294.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1707484
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thank you Rockne10. That was a huge help.
      51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
      53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Working...
      X