Registered 56 J's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered 56 J's

Can anyone tell me how many 56 J's are registered in the US at this time.

You can probably get a fairly accurate number on the '56J Only' website.

Comment

http://www.1956goldenhawk.com is the URL, though I didn't find the list actually published there, which was disappointing. Perhaps an email to them would answer your question, or perhaps Joe Hall will chime in soon!
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by gmannix View Post
        Best way to answer your specific question might be to use the recently (2/2016) published figure of 622 total "Registered OR Reported." For whatever their reason(s) many still choose not to "Register."

Comment

Thanks for all the good info I will keep looking. Seems like every time I take the 56 out I am asked the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
            Best way to answer your specific question might be to use the recently (2/2016) published figure of 622 total "Registered OR Reported." For whatever their reason(s) many still choose not to "Register."
            Pretty sure those figures reflect several categories: 56Js registered by current owners; registered by former owners; reported as crushed/recycled, and reported as seen somewhere on the planet: ebay, in barns, tobacco patches, corn fields, etc.

Soo its a pretty good roll up, and accounts for around 15 percent of the 4071 produced 56Js! Thanks to the efforts of Frank A. who has headed up the 56J Only Registry since around 1988

Comment

Originally posted by gmannix View Post
              For most any desirable car of that era, the number of registered cars is only a small percentage of the cars still in existance. Many show cars are not registered/driven. Some cars are undergoing restoration and are not registered. Some are just stored away. In some states/conditions cars are driven on repair, transporter or dealer plates and do not show up in registered lists. My guesstimate is; 600 - 800 still exist.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I met a woman today who just purchased a 56J. The car was in Yuba City, CA. Looks to be a very complete car from the pictures she showed me. It runs and drives but needs the usual attention a car needs after sitting for a period of time. She said it does not stop too well. I gave her info on SDC and our chapter and also told her about getting the build sheet from the museum. She wants it as original as possible when done. If she does join us I will make sure to let her know about the registry and even offer to help her get it registered. I will add that she is very excited about the car and seems to have the resources to get it done right.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I checked with a service in San Diego saying that there were 66 of my Sky Hawks registered as of about five years ago.
                  peter lee

Comment

Hi Pat, do you know which color combo she's bought in to...
                    Richard
                    sigpic

Comment

In the pictures she showed me it looked black.
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                      X