PDA

View Full Version : Any one interested in a very solid 1952 2R5 pickup?

06-23-2016, 06:41 PM
A friend of mine asked if I could mention a very decent truck for sale and he gave me some pictures. The truck belongs to the owner of a machine shop in Martinsburg, West Virgina. He was restoring the truck and all the mechanicals are done and some of the detail work is complete. The body still shows its original patina. He also has a 3/4-ton Studebaker truck and he has decided to restore it and a Lotus he just bought so the 2R5 has to go. Send me a PM for his contact information if you are interested. I'm fewer than 10 miles from the truck so I can easily check more on it.

oilnsteel
06-23-2016, 08:48 PM
How much is it?

06-23-2016, 08:57 PM
How much is it?
I haven't talked to the owner myself, but my friend seemed to think he was wanting $5,000.

JoeHall
06-23-2016, 09:38 PM
If I could afford to buy that truck, I'd install a V8 Stude drive train, then drive the heck out of it. :)

StudeNewby
06-23-2016, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't change a thing...it's beeyouteefull.

studeclunker
06-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Nice old truck. He seems to have the same kind of replacement air cleaner as I have on my '60 champ.

Pop's Chariot
06-24-2016, 05:04 PM
TWO tail lights, sun visors, armrests, rearview mirror, Climatizer, Rear bumper, AND a Spotlight.....Deeeeeeluxe !!! Baby... Nice 2R
Still needs a Turbo and an O.D.

Mikado282
06-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Looks like it has a split exhaust manifold. Wonder what other custom work the engine has?

52-fan
06-25-2016, 09:11 AM
I would love to have a 2R. I would want close up pictures of those primer areas on this one along with the steps and rocker areas. The engine mods do add some interest.

jclary
06-25-2016, 10:03 AM
TWO tail lights, sun visors, armrests, rearview mirror, Climatizer, Rear bumper, AND a Spotlight.....Deeeeeeluxe !!! Baby... Nice 2R
Still needs a Turbo and an O.D.

The Climatizer is for a newer model, and, in the pic, is bypassed. The battery cable looks too small, and too long. Fresh paint on the head indicates someone has recently been into the engine. None of these things are "deal killers," but, these things, along with the other obvious mods, make this an interesting offering. I couldn't get a clear enough view of the battery to see if it has been converted to 12 volts. Neither can I tell if it has overdrive. Regardless, if you are an optimist, this could be a road-ready truck with improvements, and an opportunity for a new owner to make further improvements.:!:

06-25-2016, 02:49 PM
The Climatizer is for a newer model, and, in the pic, is bypassed. The battery cable looks too small, and too long. Fresh paint on the head indicates someone has recently been into the engine. None of these things are "deal killers," but, these things, along with the other obvious mods, make this an interesting offering. I couldn't get a clear enough view of the battery to see if it has been converted to 12 volts. Neither can I tell if it has overdrive. Regardless, if you are an optimist, this could be a road-ready truck with improvements, and an opportunity for a new owner to make further improvements.:!:
We were also wondering about a possible 12-volt conversion. My friend is calling the owner to ask that very question. The truck does not have overdrive. I don't know if the engine was completely rebuilt or not, but it had a valve grind with all new valves. It also has all new brakes. And, the owner has the original air cleaner which is probably an oil bath type.
One thing that jumped out at me was how straight and level the outside door handles are. I have rarely seen an unrestored truck with handles that nice

08-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Update.
The owner of this truck says it is six-volt positive ground as original. He said he wanted to keep the truck as original as possible though the split exhaust system is questionable. The truck is still available. If you are interested, call John Knepper at three zero four (cell) six seven six dash eight three four five.