Wife Says It MUST Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife Says It MUST Go

She says I've been flying around the in Stude too fast lately. And Lou didn't like it either. That didn't help.

So, off with the propeller. Despite launching the car to a first place trophy at the UMVZM in Kansas City (it seems the politicos always talk about courting some subset of the population so I went after the children's vote and received 100% support ) the propeller has now flown away.

It was fully powered, balanced, remotely started, and it even had the blade tips painted to warn away people when it was spinning. The three bladed prop just looked so authentic and ominous compared to the silly little two blade one on the Armacost '50.

Our friend Larry from Ozark Trails knew the real reason for removing it. He said a couple was arguing about the propeller while it was spinning and she accidentally backed into it. Disaster!
    Attached Files

In a polite way I must agree with your wife.

Dean.

Comment

I think you need to build an OSHA approved guard and retain the propeller. Paint the guard Safety Yellow........

Then, make it so it actually helps pull the car through the air while driving, thus improving gas mileage......

Maybe change it to a turbine...........
      Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
      1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

Awww... some people just have no sense of fun!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What do wives know! Oh I forgot --everything.

Comment

Just transfer it over to the top of your beanie.

Comment

I can personally vouch that the propeller is dangerous

Charlie D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6978.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1707393

Comment

James Bond could have used something like that!

Comment

"Disaster"
                  That's a good one sir!

Comment

OH YES! We "must" have OSHA to protect us from ourselves! Another government blunder!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	51 Champ Propeller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1707399
                      Since I now can claim a small percentage of ownership: 1) The two '51 parts I gave you and 2) My name is on the front of the car; I voted that it be kept and used on "Special Occasions". (Actually, I liked it!)
                      Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 06-22-2016, 09:52 AM.
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Champ51 View Post
                        She says I've been flying around the in Stude too fast lately. And Lou didn't like it either. That didn't help.

So, off with the propeller. Despite launching the car to a first place trophy at the UMVZM in Kansas City (it seems the politicos always talk about courting some subset of the population so I went after the children's vote and received 100% support ) the propeller has now flown away.

It was fully powered, balanced, remotely started, and it even had the blade tips painted to warn away people when it was spinning. The three bladed prop just looked so authentic and ominous compared to the silly little two blade one on the Armacost '50.

Our friend Larry from Ozark Trails knew the real reason for removing it. He said a couple was arguing about the propeller while it was spinning and she accidentally backed into it. Disaster!
                        So she backed into it and got a little behind in her work.

Bob Miles
                        Tucson AZ
                        Catfish Specials

Comment

Working...
                        X