Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of the lasts's.....

as stated...
    This is one rare car, literally #1! It's a 1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible #1001 and it's in Syosset, New York and can be found on eBay with a current bid price of just over $10,000, but the reserve isn't met. This could be a very collectible, desirable car, even more so than a regular '56 Packard Caribbean Convertible...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Pull the dual quad 374 out....rebuild it....find a stick setup somewhere...and then stuff the engine into a decent 56J!

Comment

Check your bank balance take a deep breath and be prepared to spend lots of money and time and maybe a few ulcers. If the job is to be done the time quoted will be at least twice as long to get completed.

Comment

As I recall with my fuzzy memory, there was an article (I think Turning Wheels) written by Bob Palma about the Last Caribbean Convertible in 1956 that was the same Naples Orange car that was the antithesis condition of this car. BTW the reserve has been met and the current bid is 19.5k. Wonder if the author who was throwing around 100k is stepping up or just blowing hot air.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
          As I recall with my fuzzy memory, there was an article (I think Turning Wheels) written by Bob Palma about the Last Caribbean Convertible in 1956 that was the same Naples Orange car that was the antithesis condition of this car. BTW the reserve has been met and the current bid is 19.5k. Wonder if the author who was throwing around 100k is stepping up or just blowing hot air.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ
          That's correct, Bob; your memory isn't very fuzzy on that item:

I attended the 2016 Packard Automobile Classics National Meet last week in Traverse City MI.

On show day (Friday, June 17), some lucky schmuck displayed his absolutely perfect 1956 400 hardtop and 1956 Caribbean convertible side-by-side:

Drop-dead gorgeous cars, all of them. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This Caribbean was featured at one of the stops on our Orphan Car Tour on June 4:
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X