• Show
Clear All

• Drag Strip Pictures!

Thanks to Ted and Mary Ann!

sigpic
    Dave Lester

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

try: http://studebu.tripod.com for another link to add for Omaha '06......Brad

Comment

try: http://studebu.tripod.com for another link to add for Omaha '06......Brad

Comment

Great pictures! We sure had some fun last Friday [8D]!!

That first drag strip picture is actually me lined up against Ted driving Frank's awsome R2 Powered Champion...

I came out of the staging lanes just as Frank's car finished warming up the tires in the left lane. I prestaged, glanced to my left and HOLY COW...That's Ted Harbit [:0]. If anything will take the wind out of your sails at a drag strip...it's Ted Harbit in the other lane (even if he's driving a Pinto).

Frank's car would have easily beaten me...even without the "intimidation factor" [^]...but it sure made my day (week and month too) to go off against Ted on a drag strip. Check his reaction time...

...that's a racer's racer []

(BTW, I believe that's 60Lark on the fence. Phil brought a beautiful little Lark to the meet. Good to meet you, Phil )

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great pictures! We sure had some fun last Friday [8D]!!

That first drag strip picture is actually me lined up against Ted driving Frank's awsome R2 Powered Champion...

I came out of the staging lanes just as Frank's car finished warming up the tires in the left lane. I prestaged, glanced to my left and HOLY COW...That's Ted Harbit [:0]. If anything will take the wind out of your sails at a drag strip...it's Ted Harbit in the other lane (even if he's driving a Pinto).

Frank's car would have easily beaten me...even without the "intimidation factor" [^]...but it sure made my day (week and month too) to go off against Ted on a drag strip. Check his reaction time...

...that's a racer's racer []

(BTW, I believe that's 60Lark on the fence. Phil brought a beautiful little Lark to the meet. Good to meet you, Phil )

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here are a few more.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Here are a few more.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

BTW, good to finally hear from you again... I was starting to worry about youse guys.
                Thanks for worrying about us, Dave [^]. We left Boisie at the crack of dawn on Monday and made Jim's in Eastern Washington by 1:00PM. Fred made it back to Redding about 10 PM and I was home in Bellingham at 7:30 PM. 3,583 miles round trip. Too much windshield time for this old fart...but well worth it

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

BTW, good to finally hear from you again... I was starting to worry about youse guys.
                  Thanks for worrying about us, Dave [^]. We left Boisie at the crack of dawn on Monday and made Jim's in Eastern Washington by 1:00PM. Fred made it back to Redding about 10 PM and I was home in Bellingham at 7:30 PM. 3,583 miles round trip. Too much windshield time for this old fart...but well worth it

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yup, that is me at the fence, it was a pleasure to me you too Dick. Thanks for the compliment on my Lark, but that Black Beauty of yours is even nicer in person than the pictures even indicate. Your car and Sheba sitting next to each other sure made an awsome pic, but my favorite pics of the entire week are these taken in front of the corn field at the drag strip. Even though I didn't run my Lark down the strip, I had a great time watching those that did.

It was great to meet all of you, everytime I attend an SDC function, it seems as though I have stepped into a totally different world, absolutely everyone has been friendly, helpful, and a joy to be around. Regardless of the location, I have had the same experience.

Studebaker Fever
                    60 Lark
                    51 Champion
                    Phil
                    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                    60 Lark
                    56 Power Hawk
                    Phil Hendrickson
                    Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Yup, that is me at the fence, it was a pleasure to me you too Dick. Thanks for the compliment on my Lark, but that Black Beauty of yours is even nicer in person than the pictures even indicate. Your car and Sheba sitting next to each other sure made an awsome pic, but my favorite pics of the entire week are these taken in front of the corn field at the drag strip. Even though I didn't run my Lark down the strip, I had a great time watching those that did.

It was great to meet all of you, everytime I attend an SDC function, it seems as though I have stepped into a totally different world, absolutely everyone has been friendly, helpful, and a joy to be around. Regardless of the location, I have had the same experience.

Studebaker Fever
                      60 Lark
                      51 Champion
                      Phil
                      Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                      60 Lark
                      56 Power Hawk
                      Phil Hendrickson
                      Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Working...