Oil Pan for 245 Commander Engine Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan for 245 Commander Engine Needed

Anyone have one available? The one I'm having rebuilt turned out to be in bad shape after bead blasting. It can be repaired, but if I can find a good one I'd rather do that.
    Thanks, Mike

If the pan is the same for a 226 I have a good one but I don't know if they are the same
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I think they are probably the same, I believe only the stroke was changed. Let's see if anyone else chimes in.
      Thanks, Mike

Comment

A parts book would most likely tell us
        sigpic

Comment

225 and 245 pans will interchange but have different depths so oil levels vary there was a service bulletin indicating what adjustment needs to be made to dipstick depths when different pans are used on the 245 block.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtown Commander View Post
            225 and 245 pans will interchange but have different depths so oil levels vary there was a service bulletin indicating what adjustment needs to be made to dipstick depths when different pans are used on the 245 block.
            Yes. Don't have access to my parts books at the moment, but remember dealing with this issue in the past. As I recall, there were three different post-War Commander 6 oil pans, one of which was used exclusively on trucks. They all fit the block, but as stated, they have different oil capacities, and it is possible that the deeper one may not fit all car models. I might have an extra one, but will not be able to look until around the 4th of July.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip my oil pan measures 6 5/8" at the deepest point and about 1 7/8" deep at the shallow end. Overall oustside of flange is about 10 3/4 x 26 9/16. This is for my K10, 1 ton truck. Time is not an issue, I have a long way to go, but should have the engine back from the rebuilder by the end of July. Please let me know if you do have an extra one that checks out.
              Thanks, Mike

Comment

The one I have is 6 5/8 in deep . I have the oil dip stick and its 8 1/2 in into the block .
                sigpic

Comment

Still looking for an oil pan for the 245. Overall length 26 9/16, width 10 3/16, 6 5/8 deep at deepest point. Mine is rusted out in the bottom. I could use a damaged pan if the bottom is good.
                  Thanks, Mike

Comment

oil pan

Originally posted by Coupe Express View Post
                    Still looking for an oil pan for the 245. Overall length 26 9/16, width 10 3/16, 6 5/8 deep at deepest point. Mine is rusted out in the bottom. I could use a damaged pan if the bottom is good.
                    Thanks, Mike
                    I have a good used one for $100.
                    Also have pans for Champ 6's & V8's

Comment

Working...
                    X