Head rests for 63 GT buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Head rests for 63 GT buckets

I am installing the bucket seats and console from a 63 GT hawk into my 60 Hawk. The parts book lists a Headrest Kit Part # AC-2999 and SDI indicates they are not available. The kit included the headrest pad, the springs for the headrest post tensioner, the post, and the casing for the seat backrest.

Does any body have these headrest kits? (Need two)and are they for sale? Or has anyone had success with after market headrests like those made by TMI for a Mustang?

I asked Ed Reynolds about headrests the year before last at La Palma. He didn't think there would be enough interest to cover costs but I wonder, with so many installing 3 point seat belts & suspension mods, if the Ford guys can do it, why not us too?
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

PDQ
      The headrests for the buckets take the straight post. The headrests for the later recliners take the post which is slightly bent at the top. The '64's have a right angle bend forward on the individual recliners. The bucket seat headrests remained the same though as far as I have found. If you do install factory headrests in those buckets you will need to cut the spring near the ash tray mounting plate. I have the original templates for installing these if you can't get them from the SDC template file.
      Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
      X