Perfectly restored M truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfectly restored M truck?

This is not intended as a rant, but an observation.
    There is a very pretty M-5 pickup on ebay that I would be proud to own. What strikes me as odd about the presentation is the hype in the ad. "Here is a fine example of perfectly restored Studebaker Truck. This truck was professionally restored in 2003, Barrett Jackson quality." How can a vehicle, of any kind, be considered perfectly restored with so many changes from stock? Also, what is restored to Barrett Jackson quality? Barrett Jackson is just an auction company.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 52-fan; 06-14-2016, 04:39 AM.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Here's the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-M...m=172231087161
    Agreed, restored means as near to original factory quality and specifications as possible. It doesn't mean two-stage clear coat paint, a crate motor all on an S-10 frame..
    Also, what is restored to Barrett Jackson quality? Barrett Jackson is just an auction company.
    Every watched B-J? It's a circus in which cars have replaced the elephants, but the ringmaster is still working the crowd.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
      This is not intended as a rant, but an observation.
      There is a very pretty M-5 pickup on ebay that I would be proud to own. What strikes me as odd about the presentation is the hype in the ad. "Here is a fine example of perfectly restored Studebaker Truck. This truck was professionally restored in 2003, Barrett Jackson quality." How can a vehicle, of any kind, be considered perfectly restored with so many changes from stock? Also, what is restored to Barrett Jackson quality? Barrett Jackson is just an auction company.
      They are salesmen, and many salesmen will say anything to push their wares. Don't let the BS get to you .
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Is it me or does the top of the panel where the hood closes on the drivers side look like a "slalom jump?" I had 2 M-5'S and I don't remember either of mine having that dip!
        sigpic

Comment

That dirty, leaky, and corroded old Rochester looks to have been sourced straight from a junkyard.
          Not too impressive.

Comment

Working...
          X