PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker at " The Race of Gentlemen" June 4, 2016

lacerx
06-10-2016, 05:00 PM
The Race Of Gentlemen was held last weekend in New Jersey on the sand. At least one Studebaker participated, a 1914 at that!. The race is open to pre 1932 cars and motorcycles. Anyone make it out to see it?

289stude
06-10-2016, 05:39 PM
I didn't go. But building a 29 dictator coupe to hopefully attend with next year. Need to find pre 53' 245 and trans. So I can put all my Edmunds goodies on it.

Also so not sure it's the same one but I bid on a 14' Stude just like this one a couple of years ago. I just text the guy that beat me out on it to see if it's his car.

289stude
06-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Yep Kelly just text me back. It's his car. I fell in love with it when it was on eBay.

Coupe Express
06-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Amazing condition for a 100+ car, and what a great look, who wouldn't want it. Wish I would have seen it when it was for sale.
Mike

what huh
06-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I was there on Saturday. I saw that studebaker run. I tried snapping a picture and all I got was the guys head in front of me. I paid $10 for pit pass to check it our close up but I could seem to find it. I wanted to take a bunch of pictures and post them here for all to see, but oh well.

I really enjoyed this event and I will definitely be attending for years to come. I think Ill even bring my truck to the car show portion next year

jclary
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM
GOOD GRIEF!!!:rolleyes: We're talkin' 'bout a Studebaker in a RACE:cheers:

...already several posts...and no mention, or inquiry of how the beautiful little relic performed:p

Do gentlemen not really compete? Or, does everyone merely get a "Participation" trophy:confused:

Is it our collective lack of focus/curiosity, or are we just that slow???:QQ:

55 56 PREZ 4D
06-11-2016, 11:47 AM
https://www.facebook.com/events/1537540466558982/
"The Race of Gentlemen" will be in Pismo, Ca on Oct 16.
I don't know if there will be Studebakers, but it will be to see.

lacerx
06-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I have already made my reservations for camping in my vintage trailer at Pismo. See you there!

what huh
06-12-2016, 08:18 AM
GOOD GRIEF!!!:rolleyes: We're talkin' 'bout a Studebaker in a RACE:cheers:

...already several posts...and no mention, or inquiry of how the beautiful little relic performed:p

Do gentlemen not really compete? Or, does everyone merely get a "Participation" trophy:confused:

Is it our collective lack of focus/curiosity, or are we just that slow???:QQ:

Its more like grudge racing for the purpose of having a great time. Participation trophys are for little kids and millennials

From what I gather, the whole idea is to take you back in time, you are encouraged to dress from the time period as well. The strict rules come to the cars and motorcycles, for example some of them are
1. american made
2. pre 1932 car or bike
3. pre 1954(i think) speed parts
4. no fancy paint jobs or modern stickers.
5. Unless you are a spectator you must be wearing period correct clothing. Go to the website and check out the pictures

I also just read that there are so many applications that next year cars with speed parts will be picked first.

And the "relic" performed very well if not burning a lot of oil:ohmy: . I was at the starting line and it smoked us out :!!: