• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Warwick attendees, please read!

A couple of important points for those of you going to Warwick:

If you are inside the hotel, you need to have your name tag on
    display. This means everyone that is at the meet! If you don't
    have it out and you are asked for it, please don't take it personally,
    we are trying to make sure everyone there is supposed to be there.
    You can't get into any of the meet specific areas without your name tag.

If you want to display your car on the concours field, you must be
    registered. We will have open parking, but if you want to park with
    your friends, you have to arrive together, no saving a spot.

There is still some room on the tour buses, but they are filling up. Don't
    wait until you get to the meet to sign up. Thanks all!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Chip - This sounds like a great idea. It has bothered me in years past when many people would stay at an inexpensive hotel, go to all of the seminars, attend meetings, use the flea market and go to the concours without ever registering for the convention. I guess most of those never ran a large meet and do not realize that it takes money for all of these things to happen.

What type of name tags will you have? I do not care for lanyards, but they are better than pinning through many different Studebaker shirts. Many places now use the magnetic type (magnet behind the shirt/jacket and badge on the front). This prevents holes. I like it when the mini-schedule fits into the back of the name tag.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The tags will probably be like last year, a lanyard, but you are welcome to customize it as you like. We will have a mini schedule like St Louis.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Has Cornerstone indicated how many cars/attendees are registered for Warwick?
        David Daoust
        Stratham, NH
        '64 Daytona convertible

Comment

Do you need a name badge for the parts vendor area?

Comment

As of today there are 325 registrations received with 643 meet attendees. There are 170 =/- on the show field. There is still time to register so why not come on over and join in the fun.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by lugamatic View Post
              Do you need a name badge for the parts vendor area?
              Yes, at least for the indoor vendors.
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I will be attending for the first time; since I'm flying in, and not driving, I have not registered. I am, however, staying at the host hotel. I will have no ID. is this ok? I planned on bringing my member ID card. Since I've never been to one of these things, I guessed that people without a car wouldn't be charged. Is that wrong, or is there a different spectator fee? The above guy is talking about vendors, is that just the people selling stuff or everyone in the area? I may sound kinda stupid here, and I'm willing to pay the $45, it's just kinda against my CASO principals to pay for my car if it isn't there. Help!
                Last edited by Mohr HP; 06-13-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohr HP View Post
                  I will be attending for the first time; since I'm flying in, and not driving, I have not registered. I am, however, staying at the host hotel. I will have no ID. is this ok? I planned on bringing my member ID card. Since I've never been to one of these things, I guessed that people without a car wouldn't be charged. Is that wrong, or is there a different spectator fee? The above guy is talking about vendors, is that just the people selling stuff or everyone in the area? I may sound kinda stupid here, and I'm willing to pay the $45, it's just kinda against my CASO principals to pay for my car if it isn't there. Help!
                  I will preface this by saying that I am not a spokesperson for this event. However, I have attended MANY, both with and without a Studebaker.

The registration fee is not for a car show, it is for all of the convention activities. If you were to show or display a car, there is an added fee for that. This is a week long convention with the concours being only one part during part of one day. The net is that you should pay the registration fee if you plan on partaking in any of the activities - seminars, meetings, flea market, entertainment, concours, etc. The registration helps to defray the cost of putting on the convention.

I walk the walk. I have been to most of the SDC International Conventions, with and without a Studebaker, since 1971 and have always payed the registrtion fee.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Mohr HP View Post
                    I would think that "registering," will get you a memorable meet packet. I'm thinking that registration as an "attendee" probably don't carry the same fees that entering a car for judging would. At least, that's how it works at a lot of local meets, and I'm thinking for the big meet too. Anyway, my thought is that registering, and paying a small fee, is a way of thanking those hard working volunteers who organize, sponsor, and conduct the events, and at the very least, a courtesy to offset the costs.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

You must have an id badge that you get when you register for the meet. It's $45 with a $10 late fee. There are other fees if you wish to participate in the banquet, tours, etc. You can be in the hotel without the id badge, but to get into any of the meet specific rooms you must have the badge. Here is a link to the registration information: https://secure.cornerstonereg.com/sdcmeet/purchase.asp
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

We will see you all there! We are finalizing our route and what we want to see & do in the area both before and after the meet. So many things and so little time (and money)!!! I know I want my fill of Atlantic lobster before I leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                          We will see you all there! We are finalizing our route and what we want to see & do in the area both before and after the meet. So many things and so little time (and money)!!! I know I want my fill of Atlantic lobster before I leave!
                          Having lived in SE CT for eight years I am somewhat familiar with area seafood restaurants. There many choices of great places to dine. For those crossing SE CT on I-95 here are three among the many.

http://theplaceguilford.com/ Guilford, CT This is a very different place in that you sit on a cut-off piece of log and dine on an old utility spool cable reel. There is no inside dining, but there is a canopy. All cooking is on an 18' wood-fired grill. My visitors loved it and still talk about it. BYOB

http://www.rhodyoysters.com/ Matunuck Oyster Bar South Kingston, RI Not far off of I-95 and not a great distance from Providence. GPS is a help. Very interesting setting and great food.

http://www.spainrestaurantri.com/ Spain in Cranston, RI is an upscale restaurant, but what they do is excellent. If you bought another car and your lady is upset, take her to Spain and she might forgive you!

The coastal area is a great, fun place to visit.
                          Last edited by Bob Bryant; 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM. Reason: omitted word
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

This Iowan is on his way, too... although I'm fortunate to have family in RI, so will be glomming... uh, staying with them.
                            Hope to see some old and familiar faces!

Comment

I'm all set to arrive tomorrow night, does anyone know if the host hotel has a restaurant, or if restaurants are within walking distance? I won't have a car.

Comment

Working...
                              X