New Avanti owner I guess....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Avanti owner I guess....

I never thought much about the idea of ever becoming an Avanti owner, but this weekend I will be picking up 1970 RQA 0330 (build in '69). It's been owned by a very good friend since 1976, when he was a drafting instructor & I was a student at a junior college. I remember drooling all over this car when he got it. He is now re-locating and can't take all his toys with him, so the car came up for sale.

I guess I'll be looking at the AOA club now & have a membership pending with the facebook group....what are some of the other good sources of information I'll need to study up on? The car is in very good condition & we're pretty excited about it.
    thanks,
    Mike Sal

Welcome to Avanti ownership. They are fun cars
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Check your private messages.. thx
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
        I never thought much about the idea of ever becoming an Avanti owner, but this weekend I will be picking up 1970 RQA 0330 (build in '69). It's been owned by a very good friend since 1976, when he was a drafting instructor & I was a student at a junior college. I remember drooling all over this car when he got it. He is now re-locating and can't take all his toys with him, so the car came up for sale.

I guess I'll be looking at the AOA club now & have a membership pending with the facebook group....what are some of the other good sources of information I'll need to study up on? The car is in very good condition & we're pretty excited about it.
        thanks,
        Mike Sal
        You should be approved on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/avantiowners/

Lew
        Lew Schucart
        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

I assume it has a 69 300 hp 350 (premium gas) engine. I have a surplus clean 69 Chevy service manual. If you want it for $10 plus postage.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Art had the engine rebuilt about 10k ago and "de-tuned" (pistons) so the 350 would get along with regular gas. Thanks for the offer on the manual, but I used to be a chevy motor head in my youth & have lots of reference material for the engines. My learning curve will be related to any / all quirky "Avanti only" things.
            thanks,
            Mike S

Comment

Hold on tight...there's lots of "quirky Avanti only" things you'll run into!

Spend some time at the AOAI Forum...lots of experience there...and "experience" is defined as what you get when you don't get what you want. We're all very well "experienced".
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Best advice I can give you is post here. The AOAI site is great (I'm a proud member of AOAI and post there)
                and a lot of the posters here also post there but you'll generally get faster and more responses on this site.

Comment

Mike Sal......When you come across a WHITE wire in your new Avanti ll........it's always a GROUND!

Comment

Working...
                  X