Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 Champion Trim Panel Below Rear Bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Trim Panel Below Rear Bumper?

My 1950 F3 Champion has the trim panel with exhaust notch, below the rear bumper. My Neighbor has the identical car, except his is the very cheapest trim line, and his doesn't have the panel. His car is a very good unrestored original survivor car, so did Studebaker not install the panel on the bottom trim line, or did his car loose the part at some point? Thanks, Tom

I've had all 3 trim levels of 50 Champions and they all had that panel.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

The panel below the bumper was omitted on the 51 custom models, so most likely on the 50 custom as well.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to keep my eyes open for such examples. It just seems strange to leave off a body panel.

Comment

Several years ago I bought a 2 dr base model '50 champ. It was too far gone to save, so I saved what I could & cut the rest up. It did not have a rear valance panel either & I assumed it was because it was the cheapy model.....but when I flipped the body over I found evidence that at one time it did have one.....the car had been vibrating so much, the metal around the bolts had cracked & the panel had fallen off.
          Mike Sal

Comment

I just parted out a base model 50 Champion Starlight Coupe and it had the panel.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

My 54 Champion has the panel but it had so many curbs and rocks it was bent at 90 degrees and not visible when standing behind the car, I removed, straightened and repainted it and now it looks good.

Comment

My car was the base 51 model. It did not have the panel and I had to buy one to add to it. Don't know if it was just removed but I doubt it. It was an original, one family car that was just an old driver when I bought it.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                X