Adding Intermittent wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Intermittent wipers

Has anyone used such a gizmo with their Stude? Here in the PNW we get more pesky drizzle and replacing the rocker switches in my '63 aren't cheap or easy to do once installed.
    I wish I had the electronic smarts, I'd build my own. Thanks!

Western Washington, USA

I got a switch from J C Whitney years ago and added to my '63 Cruiser. It came with plenty if wire and could be mounted just about anywhere. I put the same switch in a friends '67 Chevy truck and he was happy. If I remember, it was about $16 and worked well for years. I'll probably add it to my '53 when I get to that point.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I got a switch from J C Whitney years ago and added to my '63 Cruiser. It came with plenty if wire and could be mounted just about anywhere. I put the same switch in a friends '67 Chevy truck and he was happy. If I remember, it was about $16 and worked well for years. I'll probably add it to my '53 when I get to that point.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What Brad said. I bought one from JCW and installed it on a 59 Lark. No problems.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

What Brad said. I bought one from JCW and installed it on a 59 Lark. No problems.

Skip Lackie
          Washington DC
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Hot dang, I ordered one from JCW. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Hot dang, I ordered one from JCW. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

I installed them on my '65 Chevy Truck.

Instructions here:

Lee

Comment

I installed them on my '65 Chevy Truck.

Instructions here:

Lee

Comment

I know a local company that sells units that will sense when your windshield is wet and start and stop the wipers automatically without touching the switch. I believe it can also adjust the speed automatically depending on how fast the rain is falling. I asked the inventor, who also did work for the company I work for, if it could be installed on Studebakers. He said he was sure it could be.

If you want more information on this send me a private email.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I know a local company that sells units that will sense when your windshield is wet and start and stop the wipers automatically without touching the switch. I believe it can also adjust the speed automatically depending on how fast the rain is falling. I asked the inventor, who also did work for the company I work for, if it could be installed on Studebakers. He said he was sure it could be.

If you want more information on this send me a private email.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I bought two years ago from the dreaded Pep boys. Ten bucks. Normal stocked accessory part.

Comment

I bought two years ago from the dreaded Pep boys. Ten bucks. Normal stocked accessory part.

Comment

The true CASO would just convert it back to vacuum out of the parts bin.
                            (Then it would be intermittent again)
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

Has anyone used such a gizmo with their Stude? Here in the PNW we get more pesky drizzle and replacing the rocker switches in my '63 aren't cheap or easy to do once installed.

Western Washington, USA
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The true CASO would just convert it back to vacuum out of the parts bin.
                              (Then it would be intermittent again)
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

Western Washington, USA
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X